DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow DSMers. I am in the middle of a tortuous and backbreakin clutch swap. I have a 96TSI and I am putting in a Centerforce Dual Friction. Let me say right now: 2G's are an absolute PITA to work on. I had to rip damn near everything out; suspension, motormounts, you name it, it came out. I also got the RRE steel braided clutch line that replaces the resevoir and rubber line to the slave. The instructions say that in the slave, under the banjo bolt, there is a restrictor with a small hole in it that slows the fluid to make the clutch release more smoothly. They say you can take it out to make your clutch grab faster. It may affect daily driving. My car is a FWD so I'm not sure I want my clutch grabbing right away. I was just curious if any other FWD owners have removed the restrictor. TIA

·
Registered
333 Posts
i have removed this FCU restricter. now when i go to shift under power my transmission actually slams into the gears.... if you asked me your just askin for tranny problems....

·
Registered
270 Posts
If it were me, I'd leave it in. The drivability is much better with it in. With it out, the clutch is like an on/off switch. Launching is *much* easier too with the restrictor in place. Our cars come with many restrictions from the factory. IMHO, the only *good* one is the one in the clutch slave cylinder. ;-)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I finished the swap and I left the restrictor in. You guys were right. The clutch grabs hard enough as it is. I can't imagine having to deal with the harsher engagement. I'm sure it is not good for crankwalk prone 2Gs either. Thanks for the recommendations. By the way, does anyone know how I can adjust my camber and toe? When I put my suspension back in I threw them off. My car is too low for a lift so is there anyway I can eyeball it?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The camber isn't adjustable in the front. You can adjust the toe, but it's impossible to do by "eye-balling" it. Your only hope is to take it to an alignment shop. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts