DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done helping a buddy of mine replace his stock turbo's and tranny with turbo's from a R33 Skyline GTR and a built auto tranny, when we decided to see what the Z would do. We drive around side by side for a while popping bov salutes to one another trying to catch a light. Finally after a few blocks we catch one. After a little trash talking the light is close to changing so we both focus in. Lite turns and he puts 1/2 a car length on me. "You don't know how good you AWD'ers have it." Turbo spools quickly and I gain it back in a hurry, shift to 2nd and put a car on him then his car fights back and we are door to door at the end of 2nd, shift to third and lose about a fender or so and then whoosh from his car, back ahead by half a car. Then the top end of the Z came in and he started pulling so damn hard, I couldn't believe it. I am use to running away by the time I get to 3rd but the damn thing put a car up on me and the shift to 4th was just to let the RPM's drop as the road starting coming to fast for the street. But I guess all and all not to bad for a 14b at 12lbs of boost. I think I will turn it up to 15 and try again tommorrow.

Oh and I know the Z is a lot faster than it is right now, but it is still pretty quick for a car that is that damn heavy and two of the not so brightest guys wrenching on it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
im confused :confused: u say u wanted to see what the Z would do...isnt a "Z" a 350z or 300zx??! and u hung right with a R33 GTR in your Laser? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we swapped the stock turbos with ones from a R33. Guess I should have said a little more. It is a 93 TT auto Z. If anyone is in the S.D. area we are going to qualcomm Friday night so maybe you can check us out there. I have a Bronze colored laser and the Z is pearl white.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
i'd expect the z to launch on you and not stop pulling. As with 12psi u r running a mid 14 i'd think

and the stock turbos on an auto should hit a mid to low 14. With the upgraded crap a mid-high 13 should be within realistic reach

i'd say good job hangin with the z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts