DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just wondering if you get a supra sidemount i know there is some fabrication work needed, but my concern is will an aftermarket intercooler pipe still work? or are the outlets in different areas? ( i have the upper and lower and wanted to get a better sidemount ) any help would be great. thanks

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
not positive, but i believe a upper will work, but the lower will not, the bottom outlet is in a diff direction. goto www.vfaq.com under intake, whole how-to on it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lower will most likely NOT work at all. Upper should be able to cut and fit but its possible it wont work either. I custom made piping for mine at the same time as the install. Its working pretty good so far, but it requires a lot of cutting in the fender well and quite a bit of time.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The upper pipe is a no brainer, just cut it short enough for the new outlet location.

The lower pipe was the RRE pipes included in the turbo install kit (J and L pipe). I had no trouble using them as is to connect to the MKIV. I used a coupler over the 2.25 inch pipe though to bring out to the 2.5" of the stock Supra elbow. I used the 45 degree elbow on the bottom, and the 90 on the top. Worked beautifally. I also used the stock supra IC mounts to bolt it in place, To hell with metal strapping...

When I switched to my current tubo, I got the RRE "20g style 2g lower IC pipe" and it fits up in a similar fashion. The only fabbing/cutting I did was to fit the IC higher up in the car. One square hole where the stock IC outlet came through. I also modified the stock Supra shroud to work with the opening in the DSM bumber cover. Shrouding is key to that thing being at least worth its own weight in shit...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts