DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share with you an independant film I'm making for fun. Titled "Garage Tuner - Act 1: Prologue", it is an introduction to 5 seperate tuners lives and covers the things they like to do when not doing illegal activities like street racing. But the ending will lead into an interesting line up at night. So if there's enough interested, I'll go ahead and film "Act 2: Encounter" (working title). Act 2 will cover the characters interacting with each other (behind the wheel). It may not seem DSM related yet, but there are 2 2g gsx's planned for scene 4..

Alot of the scenes aren't 100% completed so it may seem akward at times, but this is just to show the quality of the film and my style. The character names, real title, and surpise ending will be added once all the other filming is done.

http://vimeo.com/17806320

Enjoy,

my3awds

·
Honorary Moderator
3,879 Posts
Im not sure how your "creative vision" equates to more than just a bunch of people driving around in their cars. The little bit I seen bored my face off.

I guess I don't understand the independent movie scene. I found no entertainment factor in what I just saw.

The effort and quality seem very good, It is being put together well IMO. Is there actually a plot to it that I missed more than a bunch of people driving their cars around normally?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Why is everyone asian? I was bored to tears, and I was only expecing to see someone actually work on their car. Why don't you tell us what's coming?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL @ Absit. Everytime the Cosby Show came on, did you also ask "Why is everyone black?"??? I know I did....

Thanks for taking the time to watch it guys. I can understand some of you might find it boring the way it sits now so no offense taken. Since it is an independant film and the scripting isn't conventional, I can see how some of you might fall asleep. But to reiterate, the plot is about 5 different people and what they like to do outside of trying to go drag racing on the streets or drifting in a crowded neighborhood. The reason for the long intros (waterfall, city lights, messy room) is to explain to the viewer who these people are without words (snorez yet? lol). So at the end, it will hint at the intermixing of the cars and characthers, and possibly some form of racing.

I guess my attempt at a current silent movie isn't shining through just yet, but hopefully you won't feel it so boring once complete. Thanks for taking the time to watch guys.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I liked it a lot.
That guys room was pretty much an exact depiction of my room. Wheels, intercoolers, magazines, etc. Easy to relate=like.

·
Honorary Moderator
3,879 Posts
But to reiterate, the plot is about 5 different people and what they like to do outside of trying to go drag racing on the streets or drifting in a crowded neighborhood. The reason for the long intros (waterfall, city lights, messy room) is to explain to the viewer who these people are without words (snorez yet? lol). So at the end, it will hint at the intermixing of the cars and characthers, and possibly some form of racing.

I see the premise, maybe once it is complete the whole vision will be seen. With the title you all most expect to see some competition in the video as most "garage builders or tuners" don't just drive their cars around daily like that. Their purpose is geared toward some sort of competitive motorsport.

But like I said, the quality seems very spot on and well done. I know not just everyone can put something like this together. And even if in current form myself or others don't find it exactly entertaining, I can appreciate the effort and skill involved in what you are putting together. Good job.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
b00sted_spyder said:
You said 5 different people but I only saw 3 different cars...not sure what happened there.
my_gsT95 said:
Alot of the scenes aren't 100% completed
my_gsT95 said:
It may not seem DSM related yet, but there are 2 2g gsx's planned for scene 4..
The Celica Alltrac and the DSM scenes haven't begun filming yet :)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Doesn't anybody read? This is a preview into the film in progress. I like it man. Keep going and link up the whole thing when it's done.

Also get some hot Asian chicks in bikinis. Now thats what being a tuner is about!!:D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts