DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im usually not this dumb when it comes to cars, but i really don't know anything about suspensions. i am planning on lowering my car before i get rims, but i was wondering if i could just buy KYB AGX Adjustable Struts and Shocks (copy and paste) or just get lowering springs. ive also heard about the tokico illuminas being really high quality, but i don't know what category they fit into! i just want to lower my damn car and have the ability to change the height when i want to cause the roads in my area suck ass, and improve the quality of my suspension cause my handling kinda sucks. thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i mean, i know they are different, but if i get the coil overs will i need to purchase lowering springs AND adjustable shocks, or will it cover both? thanks

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
If you want to change the ride height of the car you will need either a coil-over system or a sleeve kit like the ground controls.

Adjustable shocks like AGXs or Tokico Illuminas don't adjust the height of your suspension but the rate at which it absorbs bumps and the rate at which it rebounds from being compressed.

You can do an adjustable height set-up with either normal or adjustable shocks they are independant. Most go with adjustable shocks to be able to further tune the suspension that they have installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts