DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a white 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX that does not run and it needs a new home. It has a 16g, reman head, 2g Manifold, 2g o2 housing, 3" ghetto exhaust, K&N filter, 255lph fuel pump, Boost Controller, 8.5mm Magnecore wires, ARP studs, removed balance shafts, ACT 2600 clutch, changed ECU, New Mitsu Timing belt, Headgasket and other factory gaskets.

Here is the story, I replaced the engine that was orginally was in it because it melted a piston. The orginal short block melted a piston due to a lean condition. So I picked up a used short block from a local and installed it with the rebuilt head and it ran decent. When I drove it for the first time it was smoking bad, so I figured it needed new rings. I bought the Ring kit, headgasket and never fixed it. One night (after it sat for a long time) I decided I would start it and take it for a ride. I drove the car and it lost power and eventually stopped running. I had to have it towed home and it sat that way since I parked it 1 1/2yrs ago.

I really need this car gone and I think it deserves a better home since I cannot afford it and I don't have the paitence for it anymore. The borough of my town is threatening to impound it under the abandon vehicle ordinance.

$800 obo and You must be able to come and pick it up with a flatbed since it won't currently run on its own power with some TLC. I will include the headgasket and rering kit with the car for the price I asked.

ALSO, I also have a BLACK 1993 Talon N/T that needs a motor, the car is immaculant inside and out but needs a motor. The problem is I don't have the Title to it and don't want to spend the money to get it. It is sold as a parts car only and its well worth it with everything working on the inside and outside needed for a parts car.

I've been in this DSM game for approximately 7 years and I know what these cars sell for and what the potential for them is. The problem is, with two kids, the Borough on your ass, and no more interest you take a loss on your investment.

P.S. If you buy the White 1990 u can have the other car for free. GET THEM OUT OF HERE !

Interested email me at [email protected]

thanks

Adam

·
Registered
62 Posts
Where the tranny and the clutch in good shape before you let it sit?

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
so if i buy the white one the black one comes with it? just wondering real quick does the black one have a tranny or is it just the engine missing? and if i bought the white one what would be needed to get it running, do you have everything to get it started? thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trevorestvanik said:
so if i buy the white one the black one comes with it? just wondering real quick does the black one have a tranny or is it just the engine missing? and if i bought the white one what would be needed to get it running, do you have everything to get it started? thanks ahead of time
The black car is included if you buy the white one for 800 and take them both at the same time. The black car has no head on it and was a victim of a timing belt failure which caused one of the valves to poke a hole in the piston. The shortblock and tranny are still in the black car.

Sorry for the delay in responses, I check my email more often then I do the classified sections.

Thanks

any more questions keep asking..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Car's are still here, I got a second letter from the borough, it says the cars are going to be impounded and towed within 10 days

Lowered Prices!!

$700 for GSX and $200 for the N/T but if you want both pay $700 and take them at the same time before both goto the Junkyard

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really couldn't "drive" the car to test the transmission. I noticed it had low disengagement from the floor and I think the Pedal assembly might needed to be modded or replaced. The clutch is a fairly new ACT 2600.

I replaced the engine that was orginally was in it because it melted a piston. The orginal short block melted a piston due to a lean condition. So I picked up a used short block from a local and installed it with the rebuilt head and it ran decent. When I drove it for the first time it was smoking bad, so I figured it needed new rings. I bought the Ring kit, headgasket and never fixed it. One night (after it sat for a long time) I decided I would start it and take it for a ride. I drove the car and it lost power and eventually stopped running. I had to have it towed home and it sat that way since I parked it 1 1/2yrs ago.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.