DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
totaleclipse_05 said:
3" piping is VERY unnecessary.
Is it? I run 3" piping, and I feel it is totally necessary. Put some thought into your comments. Not everyone needs 3" piping, but there are some that do. Who knows, the OP might be wanting to use this setup for a turbo with a 3" outlet, would it still be VERY unnecessary?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unlmtdndeavor said:
Is it? I run 3" piping, and I feel it is totally necessary. Put some thought into your comments. Not everyone needs 3" piping, but there are some that do. Who knows, the OP might be wanting to use this setup for a turbo with a 3" outlet, would it still be VERY unnecessary?
How fast are you running or any HP rating? and what kind of turbo do you go with? It's nice to know someone else having 3" piping setup. these are definitely over 500 hp if not 1000.

·
Registered
167 Posts
2.5 inch intercooler pipeing is good up to 600 horsepower. Under that much horsepower you will loose torque and spool up time with 3 inch pipeing. It's just overkill to do 3 inch intercooler pipes if you have a set up with less than 600 horsepower or so.

·
Registered
478 Posts
AWDx4G63 said:
How fast are you running or any HP rating? and what kind of turbo do you go with? It's nice to know someone else having 3" piping setup. these are definitely over 500 hp if not 1000.
My new setup is using a 24x12x4.5" Garrett core with 3" piping coming off of a Borg Warner S374. The turbo is capable of over 1000whp, I don't know when I'll push it to the point. I highly doubt my eagle/wiseco combination will hold up. I plan on keeping it around 700whp this year.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
You dont loose anything with 3" piping from 2.5" piping. as someone mentioned. I am talking about turbos over a 60 trim though. I have not tested anything smaller.

I have tested both by the way. 3 " piping is good but I have not seen any performance increase with just that. It allows though to have smooth transition tubing to a 3" TB. I say run 3" piping if you plan to run a 3" TB.

At the same time, Curt Brown has gone mid 9's on 2.5 piping and a 2.5" TB.

Goodluck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.