DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow DSMers,
exactly what's described in the subject.

I usually cruise with the 'Sens. Check' screen to monitor my O2s, but sometimes I play around and switch screen over to the pretty Throttle and RPM gauges...

Well, sometimes the Throttle position doesn't work. Has this ever happened to any of you before? I am 99% positive that the S-AFC installation is correct, I soldered extremely carefully all the connections, and duct-taped the whole thing for protection.

Could it be maybe some stock sensor on my car that needs to be replaced? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I would say that most of the times it does work.

Thank you all for any advice.

Walter

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'd have to say that your TPS is going bad. If it works intermittently then it will probably quite working altogether soon.

·
Registered
361 Posts
also, if you did the blue wire mod to the afc, your ecu is seeing more voltage from the o2 sensor, and is richening the system. not a whole lot, but enough so that when i disconnected the blue wire, i leaned every trim a couple of points. you need a logger to actually see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts