DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've buillt a speaker box for two twelves for my '91 TSi, but has anyone ever tried three tens? A friend of mine in considering it and we wanted advice. Thanks.

------------------
* John G. Gauthier
* www.DarkLightning.com
* [email protected]
* 1991 Talon TSi AWD

**Admin Edit: John - I removed the eroneous code from your hot link for you.**

[Note: This message has been edited by WhoaTed]

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a box with 3 Eclipse 10's in my car, although it is a 2g. I don't know if it would fit in a 1G. My box still has clearence on both sides and is only 1' deep. It looks really good the way it is setup in my car and sounds really great. The 10's are facing rearward toward the back of the car. The only problem is the weight of it and I no longer have much if any trunk space. But that is for other reasons besides the box. If the amps were mounted on top of the box there would be plenty of room.

I think there may even be a company that makes a box for three 10's to fit in a DSM, I know they have them for 2g cars, but I don't know about 1g's. But to answer your question 3 10's will fit (in my opinion) in the 1G cars, especially if you use Kicker solobaric's or similar speakers that work good in tight spaces.

------------------
Brian P.
Best time: won't even try until I get a decent turbo

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Big thumbs up to Dark Lightning... your url just showed up in the DSMtalk referrer logs... thanks John for the link to DSMtalk.com on your web page :)

------------------
Ted - 95 GSX
[email protected] MPH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey John,

It's me. Well I know you can easily fit 3 10's

I have done 2-12's, 4-12's and 6 10's in the hatch of my 1G talon. And more when using the back seat. Roughly there is 6 cubic feet in the trunk. You can do 3 small box 10's and keep the spare tire with minimal planning.

Let me know if you need help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You shure can run three tens! My original set up consisted of (6) JL Audio 10W6's in the hatch of my 90 Eclipse Turbo FWD, and they all fit with the cover on and the rear seat up! The box was nothing fancy @.80 cu in per chamber, all six facing straight up to the glass, Surround to surround almost, US Amps USA-400 mounted to the box just behind the seat, with a 1 Farad cap, and distribution blocks also. The small amount of room left on the side behind the rear tire well was stuffed a US-150 for the highs. There is a lot of room in the hatch, as long as you do not have an AWD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey man if you want to get a good set up in your car go with 2 MTX 8000 with a PPI 2150 i had that set up in my 90 TSI and i hit a 145 dbs

------------------
The Mustang Killer
D. S. M

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got two twelves, both Pioneer Premiers, with a Premier amp and I'm hitting 142.3db Outlaw.

But thanks guys. My friend is considering a TSi AWD or GSX, but since he STILL hasn't bought one yet I have time to figure it all out.

------------------
* John G. Gauthier
* www.DarkLightning.com
* [email protected]
* 1991 Talon TSi AWD

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your buddy buys my car. I will make him whatever he wants. He can even keep the box for the 2 RF power DVC 15's that is in the hatch now. It hit 156Db.

Of course if he wants those subs the price of the car goes up. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts