DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got done with my T-belt, and I would like to get a second opinion on how things look... Take a look.

Oh and to advance the cams do I adjust to the right or left?
Thanks

-Berto-

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Not quite, your exhaust cam rotated ccw when you applied tension. Your supposed to clip the belt to the pulleys first with the pulleys in time with each other THEN time the rest of the components . Just making sure you know.

Also, The timing notch on the block, it should point to the middle of the notch on the crank.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
You might want to JB Weld that cap in place for the BS elimination as well.

You can use Zip Ties to hold the timing belt in place. Thats what I did, 3 per cam gear.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Now, I'm gonna ask a newbie question here: On the 6bolt motors, the cam sprockets are the same (like my '90 Laser), but with the 7bolt motors, why the changeout on the sprocket design, esp with the intake sprocket looking different than the exhaust, along - what is behind the intake sprocket-some sort of balancer flywheel thingey?

...new trick to mount the alternator - in place of the A/C compressor?

-Op.712

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
op712 said:
...new trick to mount the alternator - in place of the A/C compressor?

-Op.712
Thats been done many, many times before. You can buy kits for it, or someone on this forum has actually come up with a way to mod your old A/C bracket and fab your own kit. Use the search function, and you'll find it!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn oh well looks like me and my GF will be fixing the timing before going to see Hancock.

Im taking a wild guess that adjusting the cam gears to the right is advancing and to the left is retarding?

Thanks for the info. And yes will be putting on some JB weld on that cap.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
93_GSX said:
Thats been done many, many times before. You can buy kits for it, or someone on this forum has actually come up with a way to mod your old A/C bracket and fab your own kit. Use the search function, and you'll find it!:rolleyes:
That would be me.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.