DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to what you guys think about springs. I have GAB shocks, so I have definately nice aftermarket shocks, but what I am curious about is what springs to get. I dont believe I want to get coilovers, but I am concerned about ride quality. I want the quality to remain, and have a moderate drop (no more than 1.5"). What is the cheapest/best value shock out there to do this? My area is infested with horrible roads, so ride quality is a big concern of mine, as well as TOO much of a drop. I am very interested in your thoughts.

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GABs are harsh anyway, but they perform great. Did you install both at the same time, or what? I am curious how much the H&R's added to the "harshness". How much of a drop did you get, and how much are the H&R's

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd also consider Eibach ProKit's. They seem to fit your criteria quite well. They're softer than the H&R's. See RRE for a good price.

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw those, 220. RRE also has Tanabe's for 160, and they claim they are almost just like the eibach's, and they drop the car about 1.3". Anyone have experience with these? If they are exactly like the eibach pro kits and nothing else can beat the price for the performance, then they may be the ones I go for. On RRE's site they are under the "New Products" section.

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw those, 220. RRE also has Tanabe's for 160, and they claim they are almost just like the eibach's, and they drop the car about 1.3". Anyone have experience with these? If they are exactly like the eibach pro kits and nothing else can beat the price for the performance, then they may be the ones I go for. On RRE's site they are under the "New Products" section.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
you can get eibach prokits from www.no-limit-enterprises.com for $200 with free shipping. They're great.. trust me. :D There are two different sizes, I think.. a 1.6 and a 1.3" drop. I don't remember which I have, but it's great looking and performs great. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
ikickuintheball.....

I take it that is your company? Just curious, where exactly are you located? I'm assuming that I would have to pay tax if I were to order something from you right?

Thanks,
Bruce (Upstate NY)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Re: ikickuintheball.....

TTalon95 said:
I take it that is your company? Just curious, where exactly are you located? I'm assuming that I would have to pay tax if I were to order something from you right?

Thanks,
Bruce (Upstate NY)
not my company. hehe. Call them up, give them your info, and don't worry about tax.. it's $210. if they say a different price, tell them it was advertised at $210 on their site, and they won't give you a prob. No tax or shipping. ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
No for sale posts in the forums please.... Take it to IM, or better yet dont do it at all.

Anywho, I got the GABs and H+Rs from a club buddy in trade for my stock stuff. (woot) So i did them both at the same time, trade for a worn out stock 93 GSX setup. Firstly, they are so stiff I can barely push my car down and im a big boy. Secondly, it handles SOOOOO much better now. Third of all, its a really nice drop. Doesnt look super low, gives a 1" gap between my 17" GSX wheels and my fenders with 55 series tires. Looks very good. I drive on some rough roads however, and its kinda rough, but not at all bouncy.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I wasn't advertising, just giving a heads up. ;)

Keep us updated on which setup you go with and if you're pleased. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
ikickuintheball said:
you can get eibach prokits from www.no-limit-enterprises.com for $200 with free shipping. They're great.. trust me. :D There are two different sizes, I think.. a 1.6 and a 1.3" drop. I don't remember which I have, but it's great looking and performs great. :)
How does the car ride (and handle) using the Eibachs with the GR2s? I thought that you would have a terrible ride using ANY kind of sport spring with the stock-type shocks. Am I wrong? Also, how much did the springs help with the rear-end squat on a hard launch? The stock springs REALLY squat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just went with the Goldline Springs (2 inch drop) and the Tokico Illumina shocks and struts, and i wouldnt recommend anything different to anyone!! I have alot of rough roads around here, so i can stiffen the car up to race and then loosen it up so i dont get beat to death on the regular roads, plus my wife really likes my car now that its not so bouncy. i know you wanted a moderate drop, but i love the springs i got and as long as i pay attention i never bottom out. i got the springs for 112 shipped and the Tokicos for 430 shipped, if you wanna know from where just PM me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just got GR-2's with Intrax springs, a drop of 1.7", and haven't put it all on yet. How harsh will the ride be? I don't really care THAT much about ride quality, if I did, I'd be driving a Buick. The thing is, the roads are choppy in certain areas around here, not a lot where I drive, but i won't have to worry about anything getting damaged, will I? The most I go over is like 3 bumps a day, and they're pretty small, just parts of the road that dip a little.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts