DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I installed a Compustar alarm with remote start in my 1997 GSX. I had unplugged what I think was the airbag wires under the driver's side dash, so that I had more room to work and move wiring out of the way. I finished everything up and made sure it was all plugged in again, but now the SRS light is on all the time and won't go away. I checked all the fuses and tried to reset the ECU but nothing helps. I did a search on this and the only answers were to pull the gauge cluster out and take out the light bulb for the SRS light, or go to the dealership and have them clear the light. I refuse to take my car to the dealership because they can never get anything right, and they charge way too much too. Is there any way at all that I can get this light to go away without taking the bulb out? It is extremely annoying! Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do it right, take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
yeah.......its pretty hard to know whats worng with out hooking it to a computer or something

·
Registered
215 Posts
The SRS module is completely serperate from your ECU. So resetting your ECU won't get you far. How did you go about resestting your ECU? Pull a fuse, or the ground. I'd go back and check the wires you fiddled with. Airbag wires all have yellow connectors, and the harness is usually a different color in itself. The SRS light comes on when you unhook the airbag due to a difference in resistance. Check the plug, and try it again. Also, there are SRS Fuses in the fuseblock I think. Pull them out for a few minutes and see if that does you any good.

Good Luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that's a good idea, I'll try the connector again and also mess with those fuses. I think there are 2 fuses that are in a little yellow plastic thingy in the fuse box. If none of that stuff helps then it's off to the dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
You mean "SATAN!" My light is on, too. My ass hurts already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts