DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've got a 90 EAGLE TALON w/ DIYfree mods and an ebay greddy BOV.

I'm looking for the most simple, easiest to install Intercooler that will work with my BOV.

So I'm trying to get this SSAC FMIC KIT, and can't find it on their website.

http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1438

There is a 2G kit, but I can't find one of the 1G.
Also, from searching I found that someone on the boards sells them, but I can't find his username.

So with a bone stock Eagle Talon and ebay knock off greddy BOV, which kit am I looking at? And also, does the piping already have predrilled holes for my BOV?

If anyone can link or guide me to the 1G SSAC FMIC, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
dino415 said:
I'm looking for the most simple, easiest to install Intercooler that will work with my BOV.

Your looking at the wrong intercooler then... You can find them on ebay but its not going to be simple or the easiest install, maybe cheapest.. They also use a 1g bov flange..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turbolover said:
dino415 said:

Your looking at the wrong intercooler then... You can find them on ebay but its not going to be simple or the easiest install, maybe cheapest.. They also use a 1g bov flange..
what're they called on ebay?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I didn't see any on there right now but I noticed some a couple weeks ago... Maybe someone else can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
acidadam said:
Punishment racing make a much better kit and it now comes with a greddy flange. I do belive its right around 500 $.
$500 is still cheap, but I love the sound of an extra $200 in my pocket.

I don't mind fabricating something to fit my generic BOV.

Still looking for leads to purchasing this SSAC kit, if anyone has input, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I doubt very many people will recommend that kit. The long route piping is just a mess. There are definitely better options out there. You'd be better of scouring the classifieds. I have a nice setup for sale ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe i'm crazy but i can't find the classifieds. Probably because I'm a new member with not enough posts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dont buy the 1G kit
Instead buy the 2G kit you only need to modify the inlet of the intercooler to fit, and it will be alot easier than instaling the 1G kit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have that kit. It's a pain to install and isn't as effective as I had hoped. I'll be upgrading next year. However it is cheap! And mines came flanged for a tial bov.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I attempted to instal a SSAC fmic and the quality wasn't all too great. The piping did not fit well at all, couplers and clamps were very cheap and some didn't even fit. The customer spent a few hundred to make everything fit and to buy good couplers and clamps.
In my opinion, I'd rather spend a few weeks saving for something that will give better results and less headaches.

·
Registered
329 Posts
acidadam said:
Punishment racing make a much better kit and it now comes with a greddy flange. I do belive its right around 500 $.
I don't know if I'd say "much better". I read that their cores are very comparable to the ebay cores alot of people bash on, it's just they designed their own piping for a 1g.

I was also looking into the SSAC FMIC for a 1g, but I think I'm going to buy a core and weld up my own piping. I think thats the best route for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried to order the 1G FMIC like 15 days ago from SSAC after they charged my card they sent me an email saying that they do not have any more in stock and they will not be getting any for at least 30 days, it was a PITA to get in contact with them to get my money back, just thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
123 Posts
dino415 & Colt90TSI : Please do some research, the 1G FMIC Kit from SSAC its a PITA to install + the piping is extra LONG route. In the other hand the 2G FMIC kit its a lot easier to install, its short route, and you only need to modify the LICP(the one that goes from the turbo to the FMIC) to fit. The UICP will fit without modification + this intercooler has proven to support 450whp.

The summary

1G FMIC kit------>:puke:

2G FMIC kit------>:banana:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts