DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the 1G DSM more senstive to the road surfaces than other makes of cars? I get a lot of feed back/shimmy back throught to my steering wheel. Depending how smooth/rough the road is. If I get on a new paved road the steering wheel shimmy disappears. The shimmy starts about 50 mph. It does not seem to matter on what brand/type of tire is on the car. I bought my car new in 1990 . And I have 149,000 on the car now. I've check the ball joints, sway bar mounts and the tie rods. The shocks where replaced with KYB AGX about 20,000 miles ago. Every thing seems to be ok. Is their a fix for the shimmy?I really still like this car!Their is not a day that goes bye, that I due not exceed 100 mph!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
First, this belomgs in the help forum. I see that this is your first post so we won't be too harsh.
Shimmy; Balance your wheels and if that doesn't work have the alignment checked. You said you checked ball joints and tie rods, that's good. Also, check the lower control arm bushings.
Road feel; the KYB AGX are stiffer than stock, you are going to feel a little more of the road, just the price we pay.

------------------
Rocky Mountain Talon - modified
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

My DSM

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The lower you make the car the worse this phenomina gets. Any crowns, ruts, and bad paving makes the car pull in wierd directions.

·
Registered
871 Posts
moving to help tech....
sorry van i'm slackin here :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.