DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
The stock boost control is basically a bleeder arrangement. Fine for stock boost, but it spikes once the boost is increased through intake/exhaust upgrades.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the buicks, i run dual solenoids with a electronic controller. I also enlarge the wastegate hole to 1.20 and change the housing puck to a 1.25". I have a solid control of14-30psi of boost +/- 1.0psi. I'm thinking these mods would apply to DSM too.

What do most of you do, go external gates? I've had experence with HKS, Turbonetic delta and race gates.

------------------
Mike Smith
87 Buick Turbo
[email protected]
www.turbomike.com

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think that most DSMs either get their internal waste gates ported, have enlarged flappers, use the Super 16G or 20G (which is basically a modified internal wastegate arrangement guaranteed not to boost creep), or go with the external route.
This usually goes with having an electronic boost controller or something that a lot of fast DSMs seem to use are ball-spring type manual boost controllers.
Sounds like you have a fast buick, what times do you run?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Heh, 11.3? Now that's fast :). Was that with slicks? I guess since you're looking in this forum a possible project might be a DSM?
One thing that always concerned me with highpower RWD vehicles is driving in the rain. Did you have much problems with that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts