DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever i accelerate fast or slow pass 3000rpm my turbo won't kick in.. The turbo start choking and sputtering if i accelerate pass 35000rpm.. after hard acceleration and park the car i can smell coolant, but no sign of licking or dropping on the ground.. any suggests how this could happen?

·
Registered
283 Posts
sounds like your turbo ate it. try taking off the intake and see if you can spin it by hand. If it spins freely without wobble, check to make sure your wastegate actuator is connected up correctly.

·
Registered
336 Posts
if the car smells like coolant, then I would suggest checking to see if you still HAVE any. If you dont, there there is a good chance that your headgasket ate it, not your turbo.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It could also be something as simple as a boost leak. I once didn't tighten a clamp down on my UICP tight enough and once the boost got high enough, which was about 3k on my T25, the rubber hose would balloon and leak all the boost and it'd sputter and have NO power.

So check all your connections.

·
Registered
45 Posts
one easy check to do is the wastegate actuator rod.i had the same problem as you,and it turned out that whatever was holding the rod on to the wastegate itself wasnt there anymore,therefore rendering the wastegate useless.it took me a week to find it.all the while i thought i had a clogged cat.if the rod is off the wastegate,take a pair of visegrips,clamp them on the rod before it goes under the heatshield,and pull with all your might towards the turbo,and then work it onto the dowel on the wastegate.good luck!!:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
what could be seemingly turbo related COULD be your ignition system... CHECK YOUR SPARK PLUG WIRES AND PLUGS!!! get new wires!!! i had the same problem, new wires solved it beautifully

·
Registered
89 Posts
imoore said:
-Ian
I keep my FWD because of its sentimental value...

1997 Eagle Talon TSi FWD
DP Back 2.5" Exhaust, Boost Controller, Injen Intake, 1G BOV, Free Mods, DIY UICP, Fuel Pump Rewired, Ported 14B, Ported O2 housing, Ported Exhaust Manifold, All Red Tail Lights
Up next: Pocketlogger, 190lph FP, 2.5" O2 Eliminator DP, Supra SMIC.

Crankwalk is the VTEC of DSMs, every 2G says they have it.
Nice sig. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts