DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to give some info on a horn upgrade that I did yesterday to my Talon. While I was at the junk yard checking out their selection of DSMs, I stumbled across a Stratus that had the horns on it. Light came on in my head and decided to get the horns and the wire connectors.

Installing the horns was easy. I swapped out the mounting brackets and soldered the Stratus connectors in to the Talons. If you are weary of cutting your wire harness, you may be able to get away with crimping some male bullet connectors on to the Stratus wires and hook them up that way. I decided to make it permanent because the horns sound like they should now. Now it makes a more throaty honk sound instead of the roadrunner type of "meep meep".

I will be doing the same thing to my Laser when I get her back on the road. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a friend that took a horn off a 91 eclipse and a Harley Davidson motorcycle and put them on his 95 Talon. It makes a two tone sound. Very unique.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My 97 Horn is not a meep meep sound.. are there differences between gens? My Integra horn... now THAT is a weak horn. I never use my horn anyways. People that use their horn all the time get on my nerves.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My horn sounds like something that a Matchbox car would have. I like the horn swap idea so much, I'm going to have to do it.
I don't use my horn much at all (maybe once a year), but there's always that idiot not paying attention just waiting for a blast.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice info

Yes Laser4G63,
that's a cool idea, thank you for sharing.

It would be nice if everybody could post the Horn swaps they did, including info such as the car it came from, and let us know the result. I need to change my horns as well, here in Miami people can't drive for 5hit.

Thnx in advance,

Walter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts