DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

How much (a)whp do you have?

  • under 200

    Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 200-350

    Votes: 26 59.1%
  • 350-450

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 450+

    Votes: 3 6.8%

  • Total voters
    44
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody here run on pump gas on their daily driver, but run 11's-12's...
Well i just want to know who here has a really strong daily driver, but still sort of reliable... I just want to know the limits of when a car is no longer daily driver, thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
I'll be putting about 300-320 when I'm done in couple weeks, and I drive it everyday. Even be driving it halfway across the country in a few weeks when I move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300 shouldnt be TOO far out of my reach, i have the turbo.. but thats all, im hoping in a month or so i will have fuel mods coming in... Then a front mount.. but yea.. thats far from now heh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
By the end of winter, I hope to be pushing around 230hp around 15-16psi. Then the supporting mods go on and a bigger turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
I should be around 240 right now, at 15psi. At 22psi with the front mount, it should be closer to 280-300. I drive it everywhere. In the past two weeks, I've been to houston once, dallas three times, austin once and temple once.

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,094 Posts
My evo3's coming in and I'll be running around 290 @20psi-ish.
Hope to be getting in the upper 300's eventually. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SVT which turbo are you using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I guesstimate close to 200 whp.I'm planning on a evoiii 16 G/B16g with suporting mods on a conservative tune with cali's good ol pis gas 91.Hopefully I'll be between 275-300whp.If not i don't care,that'll be enough for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I was just dynoed at 350 at 20psi on pump and that was not a full pull to redline either. I drive it everywhere, my only car lol. I haven't taken her to the track but is expected to run mid twelves on pump and hopefully break 11's on racegas. I beat 13.0 cars and 12.5 cars on the street all the time.

Mods are evo3 b16g, ported with 34mm flapper, ported 02 housing, jr fmic, custom 2.5" piping, full 3" exhaust, fpr at 55psi, 450cc at the moment till i get 720s, dsmlink, 255 fuel pump, fipk, greddy type-s, plugs, wires, no emissions, Blitz Type R DSEBC, some weight reduction and LOTS of tuning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
my daily driver is estimated @ 590-610WHP. i run on 110 octane and my boost is set at 27psi. my redline is set at 10,000RPMS. is it reliable? yes. is it streetable? yes. only thing i have to do is give it a little gas upon start up until it warms up a little. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Liger....what boost you plan to run to hit 11s? it's not that easy to hit 11s w/ that set-up but mid to low 12s is.
 

·
Honorary Administrator
Joined
·
17,457 Posts
Under 200 but the car also weighs 1400lbs less than my DSM.

By the end of the winter I am looking at 230whp n/a in the same car. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Last year I ran a 12.2 on my DD when I was just starting to figure out my methanol. Now I can get more power out of it, so high 11's should be attainable.

BTW, this is on a fairly heavily modded AWD with a EvoIII.

-Dallas J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
v2ner...I plan to run around 25psi, gotta see how it does with that boost. At that point i will have added arp head studs and should have my new injectors by then. I know it's pretty hard to break that 11 second barrier but i am also a bit lighter than stock. We'll see though, wishful thinking :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
v2ner said:
my daily driver is estimated @ 590-610WHP. i run on 110 octane and my boost is set at 27psi. my redline is set at 10,000RPMS. is it reliable? yes. is it streetable? yes. only thing i have to do is give it a little gas upon start up until it warms up a little. :D

Holy shit! Thats a badass dd. I estimate around 220 for my talon, i currently have it apart right now. head has already been port/polished and new valves got put in. hopefuly i can run around 350 hp with my big 16g once i get it.
 

·
Elite DSMtalker
Joined
·
2,681 Posts
No clue, I'm atleast at the wheels what the stock flywheel hp was.
1g head, light port, 1mm o/s valves, 2g bottom end, 1g intake manifold matched to head, 14b, 2g exhaust manifold, RTEC filter, turboXS mbc, holding about 17.5 psi.
(leaking somewhere... should be 19-20) 1g bov... no b/s and a M/T FWD, which is great for minimizing drivetrain losses... ;) Not much else... :rolleyes:
I'd say more than 220, + some if I found the missing 2 psi and cured my rich condition. But probably still shy of 250.
It pulls and spools like hell, and I'm not NEARLY done... just getting started folks... ;)
Drive my car every day. Only car. I want 300 whp before I stop.
If I have to drop in the 2.4L to do it I will.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Liger said:
I was just dynoed at 350 at 20psi on pump and that was not a full pull to redline either. I drive it everywhere, my only car lol. I haven't taken her to the track but is expected to run mid twelves on pump and hopefully break 11's on racegas. I beat 13.0 cars and 12.5 cars on the street all the time.

Mods are evo3 b16g, ported with 34mm flapper, ported 02 housing, jr fmic, custom 2.5" piping, full 3" exhaust, fpr at 55psi, 450cc at the moment till i get 720s, dsmlink, 255 fuel pump, fipk, greddy type-s, plugs, wires, no emissions, Blitz Type R DSEBC, some weight reduction and LOTS of tuning
lol dayum your running 20 lbs on stock injectors on an evoII?? i just put one in my 95 tsi and im only running 10 lbs cause i didnt wanna push it on my stock injectors till i get dsmlink to put in my 650s lol wow......how long have you been running your car like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
the EVO III is very well capable of more than 25psi. i ran one @28psi. yes, you'll definitely need head studs and a more durable HG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
lngbchkd83 said:
lol dayum your running 20 lbs on stock injectors on an evoII?? i just put one in my 95 tsi and im only running 10 lbs cause i didnt wanna push it on my stock injectors till i get dsmlink to put in my 650s lol wow......how long have you been running your car like that?

Yeah well he has his AFPR set to 55psi to run those injectors to their max!! Not usually a good idea, but having dsmlink to tune them with helps a lot
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top