DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my timeing belt the other day on my eclipse gsx. When I put it to tdc all the pullys were alligned down bellow, but i forgot to look at the cams before i took the old timeing belt off. So I put the new timeing belt on with the little notches in the cams pointing straight down instead of up. Will that throw the timeing off?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes the cams have a white dot on them that should match up and the dowels should point straight up. Your lucky your 180 off cause if you tried to start it you could have damaged the valves if it was say 90 off.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Actually I thought the marks were suppose to face each other, in the middle. Wait, I think I maybe misunderstood your post. The dowels are not what I was thinking. The cam gears are marked if your looking at them like they are a clock. The lobe side should be behind the gears when you look at them. The mark will be at or really close to 3 o'clock on the left cam gear, the one closest to your radiatior. The right cam gear, closest to the firewall, should have its mark at or really close to 9 o'clock.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
93_GSX said:
Actually I thought the marks were suppose to face each other, in the middle. Wait, I think I maybe misunderstood your post. The dowels are not what I was thinking. The cam gears are marked if your looking at them like they are a clock. The lobe side should be behind the gears when you look at them. The mark will be at or really close to 3 o'clock on the left cam gear, the one closest to your radiatior. The right cam gear, closest to the firewall, should have its mark at or really close to 9 o'clock.

Yes they are marked. the white marks should face each other and the dowels should point straight up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.