DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
jarid224 said:
has anyone tried to clean off or replace there map(manifold absolute pressure) sensor? i had this same problem and i hooked up my obd2 reader even though my check engine light wasnt on my map sensor had a code. so i pulled it out and cleaned it off and now it seems to run fine. its ez just to pull and clean off cheap to replace. let me know if anyone tries this and works.

I actually had this problem with mine. I was running a the 3" GM MAF, the turbo had blown previously and oil had collected all over the sensor. Gave it a bath in contact cleaner and my problem was solved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea i bought my eclipse from washington and had it shipped up to alaska and the second day i had it the check engine light came on so i think it had to do with the climate change. so i just went and bought a new MAP and it seems to be doing fine now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had an issue with stuttering, but only on bumpy roads. It starts to shutter real bad while going through the bumps, but as soon as I get on a smooth road it runs fine. Changed plugs, wires, coil, and speed control sensor. All were in the computer for codes. Now there is no engine light and no codes. But still doing it. Also I smell a faint bit of fuel. Any ideas?

101 - 104 of 104 Posts