DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if any one has a sub box in the trunk of a eclipse spyder i have two 12' power rockford fosgate subs and the trunk is hella small if any one has done this to their car let me know i really dont want to take my back seat out and install them there thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Is the trunk to a spyder any smaller than a non-convertible eclipse? Sorry for the ignorance. If its the same as my car, it fits perfectly well. You should have no problem. Maybe theres something to this question that I missed? Maybe I'm just not familliar with a spyder trunk. Is it different?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YES MY TRUNK IS WAY SMALLER THAN NON-CONVERTIBLE ECLIPSE'S . MY TRUNK IS LIKE HALF OF YOURS REMEMBER THE TOP HAS TO HAVE A PLACE TO GO

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
CrisMurfy said:
Is the trunk to a spyder any smaller than a non-convertible eclipse? Sorry for the ignorance. If its the same as my car, it fits perfectly well. You should have no problem. Maybe theres something to this question that I missed? Maybe I'm just not familliar with a spyder trunk. Is it different?
Is this for real?? Have you ever seen a spyder in person?? For 1, you have a hatch and the spyder has a trunk. No non-convertibale DSM's have a trunk so I don't know why so many people say trunk :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go to www.animatedconcepts.com and e-mail the owner of that site. He might be willing to make you a custom Sub box. He does all kinds of signage work, but he can make just about anything. He's got a project Fiero that he's been working on for a few years now. The sound system in there has a total of 13 speakers. He makes his own custom boxes and makes them for his friends. E-mail him and see what he says. Apparently he makes good sub enclosures from what I hear. I haven't seen one though.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
JaJay721 said:
Go to www.animatedconcepts.com and e-mail the owner of that site. He might be willing to make you a custom Sub box. He does all kinds of signage work, but he can make just about anything. He's got a project Fiero that he's been working on for a few years now. The sound system in there has a total of 13 speakers. He makes his own custom boxes and makes them for his friends. E-mail him and see what he says. Apparently he makes good sub enclosures from what I hear. I haven't seen one though.
Where is this guy located? (state)

·
Registered
760 Posts
well, it's a 600w amp mated to that one 12, which handles 800 max. Only 300 watts in the sub tho b/c it's at 4 ohms. Anyway it is great, a lot of friends think i have two. Plenty of bass for what i need.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
-Boost_krazy- said:
well, it's a 600w amp mated to that one 12, which handles 800 max. Only 300 watts in the sub tho b/c it's at 4 ohms. Anyway it is great, a lot of friends think i have two. Plenty of bass for what i need.
With the top down can you hear bass? How about freeway driving? I was thinking about getting a custom box under my top....but that looks a helluva a lot easier....

·
Registered
760 Posts
SpicyTuna said:

With the top down can you hear bass? How about freeway driving? I was thinking about getting a custom box under my top....but that looks a helluva a lot easier....
Well, that's the only problem. I have to adjust the volume on my amp occasionally b/c the bass is so loud with the top up yet perfect with it down, and visa versa. Anyway, an eq will solve that. But, to answer your question.. yes it sounds great. The differenece between the shit infinity speakers at 80 mph w/ the top down and my setup with the top down at 80 mph is night/day.
I also got my setup for pretty cheap too. The amp was 300, but you can do better than that in some cases. Wiring was around 50. The sub was on special at crutchfield for 180 (polk DX series-excellent excursion characteristics, great sub), but you get another free. So i sold the other to a friend for 70 bucks and only ended up payin 110 for mine. My box was 40. So i only spend about 460 and am VERY pleased with the results. Let me know if yall have any more questions.

·
Registered
541 Posts
SMALL and SEALED. maybe try selling your subs and getting a small box 12 or 15. its much cheaper tha a custom box, but the custom installs are so hott.

·
Registered
87 Posts
4 kicker comp vr 10's

i'm putting 4 kicker comp vr 10's in my car prob in about a week i will show you guys pics when its done...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: 4 kicker comp vr 10's

PetSpyder said:
i'm putting 4 kicker comp vr 10's in my car prob in about a week i will show you guys pics when its done...
4!!?? Are you putting them where the backseat is now? If not where else do you have room??!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
theres room inthe trunk for 4 10's. ive seen 4 12's before. i run a comp vr 12 and i love it. i wanna run 3 facing up and mount the spare rim over the 3 subs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts