DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with my sunroof recently. I was driving with the srf open and when I got home I went to close it, it got about half way made a loud cracking noise(plastic started flyin')and stopped almost closed. It was twisted. I removed the glass and discovered that the driver's side was cracked and in pieces. The cable that opens and closes had pulled out of its place. I had to close it manually but it wouldn't stay closed. It would slide open freely. I had to put a short pin made from a modified nail it to keep it from sliding. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and where can i find a new track cheap to fix it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you need a new track for both sides(the other one will do it soon enough,sorry) and new cables. the cables rust and get bound up. replace them now or it will happen again .its not that hard ,but there are some tricks that you must know about. if you are going to attemp it your self let me know. i help out as much as my keyboard will allow.
tony

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man,I need all the help I can get.
When I inspected the tracks as before, I remember that the cables didn't look rusty or coiled but it is hard to tell. It was just that pieces of the track had just shattered(must have been cracked before)and came off track(bummer). Better safe than sorry though. It really is a pain to work on, I've already figured that out.
When I get the $$$ to work on it I'll be sure to post questions for you. I'll probably spend $$$ on mods first(because cold weather is comming and I don't need it open till spring). Know what I mean.

Thanks
JoshTSiAWD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts