DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed many many cars w/ S-AFC's even though they have stock injectors. I was under the impression that an AFC was used to lean out upgraded FI's (550's+).
Besides leaning the fuel mixture at idle to save some gas (w/ hardwired & upgraded FP) what benefits could I get w/ an AFC?
1G, big 16G, hardwired Denso FP, Upper I/C pipe, 2.5 turbo-back, stock injectors.

Thanks,
- Nick

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The AFC can be used with any fuel injector combo. The AFC tailors the fuel curve to help make more power. The ECU uses the RPM, MAF volume, and O2 values to determine in a 3D table what pulse width the injectors need to fire. The AFC tricks the ECU by adjusting the frequency value coming from the MAF. This can be used to richen or lean a mixture. Using a reliable datalogger, A/F gauge, or EGT probe, you can tailor your fuel curve to help extract as much power as possible with your current setup. Therefore, the AFC is not limited to heavily modded cars, you could use on a stock Honda if you felt like it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dsm4eva:
you could use on a stock Honda if you felt like it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HON-DUH! Blasphemer! Yeah make them buy it to tune their stocker to get 88 horse power to the front wheels! While we're on it maybe someone should tell them about their muffler bearings, every little bit helps! ;) j/k

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts