DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What would does everybody think of this timing belt. Would be one to try out other than stock. Check it out. Let me know.:dunno:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Would you like to be the guinea pig????? You'd be doing everyone a great service:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will let everybody know how it goes. I will purchasing it. Go big or go home I guess.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
SpicyTuna said:
How will u really prove thats its better? hehe in 60k miles (~2 years?) if it hasnt broken you'll post back? :D
lmfao! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this is a bit premature, but I was wondring how that Super Strong Timimg belt was holding up?
How do U think it compared in build quality to OEM? Beefier?
I'm thinking about ordering but I see they show several diffrent 4g63 T-belt part #s & I'm not sure which is the same as the USDM 4G63t. thanks! :rudolph:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i just know that it is used on the BOZZSPEED lancer. but dont buschur, extreme, and other known shops use OEM belts?

·
Registered
495 Posts
when it comes down to critical parts like a t-belt, i always go with
OEM parts. i don't want to screw around with aftermarket and have to worry about the quality of said parts. just my opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
moneypit said:
when it comes down to critical parts like a t-belt, i always go with
OEM parts.-

I don't blame you, but thats what gets me, & you/we really have no choice do we? I mean, the availability of a manufacturer that supplies a better T-belt than Mitsu OEM in the US is non-existant. I've heard the Goodyear is a good, & maybe its quality almost rivals OEM, but I doubt it surpases it.
--->"IMHO"<---
A/ if the US spec OEM belt is the same an on the Evo-III 4G63t. it was built to support 320hp, & then some just to have a safety barrier. I would say 400hp would be maxing out the durability of the OEM belt.
B/ if the US spec OEM belt is not the same as a Evo-III 4G63t, & was designed around a 200hp engine. the safety barrier could be at 280-300hp before the durability of the belt was compromised.
granted all this is hear/say without the proper R&D data to back it up, but it is an educated guess, as we cannot be so ignorant as to expect Mitsu to have designed the OEM belt to withstand 400+hp. fine, it may work, but you're just shooting craps with your 4g63t. :tat:

·
Registered
17 Posts
-i don't want to screw around with aftermarket and have to worry about the quality of said parts. just my opinion. [/B]
Agreed to an extent. From my personal experience, here in the US, Almost everthing aftermaket performance product is iether made in Tiawan, China, Mexico, Canada & even if it is made in the US, more times than not, the quality is poor. but, almost every product out of Japan has always been top notch.
Now weather those people belive in some kind of honor to the company, 90% of their lives is spent in a class room, work super-overtime with no pay, don't want to disgrace themselves & thier family by letting quality fall behind at work, live stressed out the ass lives, have the highest suicide rate in the world, & keep seppukuing themselves to death. thats thier problem, as long as I'm getting top notch quality products out of em. :D :D :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
A local DSMer is running this belt on his freshly built 99 GSX. He got it from a local shop, CTC Motorsports, a very reputable tuner here in the area. His car was just completed, so it's premature to make any reviews on the belt, but I don't think he ever second guessed purchasing it! He's got a very nice set-up! If you're interested in purchasing the belt, you could email or call CTC Motorsports for more info. The are great people there and very knowledgeable as well!

www.ctcmotorsports.com

Jason would be the man to talk to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts