DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what brand of bulb would be the best to buy that give the effect of HID and a bright light as well. I want to try and avoid the blue look as much as possible, to me it looks to ricey (all the Honda's in town have them). The lights on my 92 Laser AWD are very dim on low beam and I want to brighten them up.

There are so many brands out there that claim that they are brighter, etc. but I would like to hear real testominy before I decide which ones to buy.

If anyone could please give me their opinion, I would appreciate it.

------------------
Craig H
92 Laser AWD

·
Registered
769 Posts
I was planning on getting some HID look-a-like bulbs for my car. But I heard that these new "blue look" bulbs aren't any brighter. In fact some of the cheaper ones are even worse than stock lights. I haven't actually tried it out on my car yet. If I do I'll let you know.

------------------
'92 Eclipse GS 2.0L NT
http://www.geocities.com/trueracers

·
Registered
769 Posts
After seeing the test results for those bulbs I guess I'm gonna save my money for something else. :)

------------------
'92 Eclipse GS 2.0L NT
http://www.geocities.com/trueracers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read that test but I was hoping by some miracle that someone may have found a set of bulbs that actually do what they claim. Oh well, it's no big deal.

How about some OE type bulbs? Nothing fancy, just some plain bulbs that may outshine other bulbs? Anything like GE, Sylvania, or anything else that someone has tried and found to be a little more brighter than the rest. How about a higher wattage bulb. I know I would have to run a bigger gauge wire, etc. I am prepared to do so. I am just tired of squinting my eyes trying to see things down the road in the dark.

Almost anything would be better than what I have on my car now. And I am not about to go all out rice and start running hundreds of aftermarket fog lights, just so I can see :) Please let me know.

------------------
Craig H
92 Laser AWD

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got some "Super blue " 9006's for my '92 at Walmart. The bulbs are tinted blue but give off white light. They seemed brighter than stock and you don't get that yellow tint on the road. Not the brightest, not the whitest, but not bad for $10! :)

Zach
'92 Laser RS Turbo AWD
"RSX"

·
Registered
34 Posts
I purchased some PIAA Super whites from Machv.com and I love them, they are really White with a very small hint of blue, I too dont like the blue lights but I really love my headlights...they ran me around $35...take it easy

Tony

·
Registered
29 Posts
Go piaa supers, there the best for true white light. I have the pilot hyper whites they are the best for look alike H.I.D., but they suck for light!!!!!!!!! I bring my lantern flashlight for those darker nights so I can see where the heck I'm going!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts