DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didnt find what i was lookin for. My buddy wants to put my tailights on his car. I know its been done, but i was wondering if anyone on the board has done it so we can get an idea of the cost. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - but still havent got an idea of what labor was paid for it. HAs anyone on the board has this conversion done? Thanks again for the help

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
obviously didnt read 2nd post

'i've been quoted 1200, just for labor'

dunno how real that figure is, but with frabrication, lights cosdting probly approx 150$ and paint, cant be too cheap probly get it done for 800-1200$

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw the post about a quote for $1200, but again - it wasnt really what i was looking for. I guess i should rephrase my question. HAs anyone on the board actually had the custom work done? How much did you pay? Do you have pictures or what you paid to have done? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
greyforestgst said:
supra tails on 2gs look like ass

please dont
thankfully people who think like this are limited. this post wasnt intended to recieve personal opinions, but rather the informtaion from somone who has had it done. With as many times as ive seen the conversion done, im surprised nobody on the board has done it.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
I have been on the board from the beginning and a moderator of this forum since then and I can honesltly say that I don't think I have seen one member of the site with MKIV tails swapped into their 2G.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
greenstreak said:
I have been on the board from the beginning and a moderator of this forum since then and I can honesltly say that I don't think I have seen one member of the site with MKIV tails swapped into their 2G.
Its because most people on this board have common sense....
Well at least more than most other forums :)
:cough csi, supra forums cough:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What would you guys suggest then? Im not a fan at all of alteezas and neither is my friend (the eclipse owner). The reason we wanted to do the supra conversion was 2 reasons
1. I had an extra set since i upgraded mine.
2. We were goin to customize them by swaping out the amber turn signal lens with red ones.

If most of you dont like the supra conversion, what would you suggest?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Minguez said:
What would you guys suggest then? Im not a fan at all of alteezas and neither is my friend (the eclipse owner). The reason we wanted to do the supra conversion was 2 reasons
1. I had an extra set since i upgraded mine.
2. We were goin to customize them by swaping out the amber turn signal lens with red ones.

If most of you dont like the supra conversion, what would you suggest?
how about OEM?
Why do you have to 'change' anything?

Put the money into the engine.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I suggest sticking to the stock tail lights or getting JDM (Amber Corner) tail lights, which is what I would get if I had money for stuff like tail lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PokeyTheDSM said:
How about mangling Mirage/EVO tail lights onto the rear (EVO 6 Style). There's a test for your skills, and I've never ever seen it done.
Any PhotoShoppers out there that could post a pic?

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
do something different like the late model rx7 tails.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts