DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have the cash for a 16g or install kit. t-25 to a T-28 Has anyone done this, or know of somebdy that has done this ? What kinda HP, Boost, other upgrades? A local Turbo place says they can put in a small t-3 wheel and shaft and some other clipped wheel, port it and make it flow 350hp worth of air, while maintaining very little spool up time. All this for about $500CDN or (roughly) $325US. Any feedback ? Darren West 95 Talon Tsi AWD Van, B.C. Canada.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i'm also interested. the price seems pretty good. i suspect the price is for a conversion where you'd need to send your t25 core to them. do you know if they would be able to exchange a t25 with the converted t28 + $$?
pls post the information about the shop.

can they provide references of other folks using the converted t28?

joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, I have a similar turbo, a S60/T28. Bascially an upgraded T25. Although I like this turbo, I want something bigger. I haven't really pushed this turbo to the limit yet. Its my friend's old turbo and he went 112.5 mph in it once, best ET was like a [email protected] (bad 60'). So far the fastest my car has gone is [email protected], and that's on stock SMIC, FP, tires, no AFC, ~17 psi of boost.

Its a nice turbo, but I want something more. Depends on what you want to do with it. It has a really strong 2nd gear, it'll hold at least 18 psi till redline, my friend claimed it'll hold at least 24 till redline. But I want a bigger turbo simply b/c this turbo doesn't have great top end. But this is a great street turbo tho.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey...this doesnt have anything to do wit the topic (sorry)...I was jus readin the forums as usual and i saw that someones from vancouver. So i jus wanted to say wassup and whats done to the car??

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's the name of this shop and do they do stuff for people in the US?? That seems to be a good price for what they are doing. I might be interested in doing that..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My advice is to make sure that these guys are reputable or have references. Seems a little too cheap, considering most shops in the states, eg Forced Performance do the UPGRADE for ~$700US, that's with you providing the core! So look at these guys carefully, make sure they give you all the specs of the compressor and turbine wheel, and that they don't just clean your turbo for $325US!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well...I looked into getting the t-28 upgrade, but when you have to send your turbo to them plus $700-800 dollars for the conversion it makes it seem sorta unrealistic. I mean, last time I checked a 16g plus 2g install kit from RRE is something like $925. Then you can probably sell your t-25 for $100 bucks, bringing the total cost to $825. My question is now..WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT TO STILL BUY A T-28?!?!?!

------------------
1995 GS-T
Perfection Thru Speed
Check it out!!
www.angelfire.com/fl3/nicksdsm/pts/home.htm

[This message has been edited by Orange Crush (edited October 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
217 Posts
I too looked into a T28 $$$ reasons, but at $750 for a T28, and at the http://thedsmshop.com the turbo is $600 and the install kit is $200 and $300 for a deluxe kit. I don't know what the difference is though. but still with the intall kit is only comes out to $800. Not bad in my head.

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
64 Posts
Which sorta raises the question of how much better performance-wise is a 16G (or a 16G-big) compared to a T28. Does anybody have any data?

The T28 has the advantage of looking stock so dealers/cops would not be able to tell the difference.

Joe

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o.k. here's the deal, t-25 to a t-28/super 60 total cost is $562.50 CDN. That's $375 US. Yes ultimately a 16g will be faster, but the t-28/s60 will only need a fuel pump and no install kit, afc, or injectors. And get this, stock spool up time. That was the quote I got today (in writing) It is not a rebuild, but only installation of the wheel, balancing and one new o-ring. The name of the company is dynamic engineering turbo services. Their e-mail is www.dynamicengineering.com . Don't expect then to answer their mail. I tried for a week. I have a core on the way from pennsilvania so i'll have no down time. They have no cores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts