DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. I did a search and posted on all of the old posts. People don't seem to want to reply on old posts, so I started a new one.

I am blowing my 30A ignition fusible link when positioning the key to the on position. I unplugged as many components as I could possibly think of, starter, alternater, ECU, coil pack, CAS, fuel pump etc. I disconnected my alarm, remote start and my ignition kill. Alot of time involved here. My car is completely torn apart. I have been searching for probably about 12 hrs. I even replaced my ignition switch. Still nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas? WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE A MULTI METER WHEN SEARCHING FOR ELECTRICAL SHORTS OR ELIMINATING COMPONENTS? Can I just check for continuity? If a wire is shorting out will it show 0 or infinite resistance? shouldn't should it?

I am pretty sure that I figured out which ignition wire it is that is causing problems. It is the black wire with the white stripe. I have tried to trace it in the engine bay as well as under the dash. Nothing...

One possibility is at the ecu. WHAT I REALLY NEED IS ANY 2G TURBO OWNERS TO CHECK THE WIRING AT THE ECU ON D84 OR D82 CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH. It is the corner ground wire on the first, highest up ECU harness. I have about 4 ground wires connected there. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THOSE WIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FROM THE FACTORY... When I bought my car I had some kind of ignition kill hooked up to these wires, some stupid feature I paid extra for to prevent chances of theft.

If anybody had the patience to read all of this post I really need help. Tomorrow I will probably have my car towed to some shop (hopefully not satan) to figure out what the problem is. I would like to fix it before then. I am a true DIY kinda guy. I hate to have anybody but me to work on my car.

Thanks, I will appreciate all of the replies.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the same problem,after i upgraded my fuel pump.
i pinched a wire and when i turned the key it would blow the same fuse...hope this may help you .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured out that it was the silver capacitor which apparently reduces electrical noise in the ignition. I don't really nead this edo I?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts