DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it was possible to take a GST turbo and put it onto the GS non turbo eclipse. The cars are both 95's. And if it was possible is it a big hassle?? Thanks

·
Registered
906 Posts
The whole engine or just the turbo? Either way it will cost more than its worth. Unless you have a lot of money into your car it'd probably be cheaper to sell it and buy a GST/GSX.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
you're best off selling it and getting a turbo model. not to put your idea down or anything, but it's just better that way. you won't have to worry about nearly as many things if you do it that way.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've never heard of this question before.
Not trying to be crude but search next time.
Most of the posts I see now could have been prevented by 5-10 minutes of searching through the sticky's and vfaq and the 'button' etc..

·
Registered
221 Posts
The hardest part is getting a manifold that the turbo will bolt up to. Then you need fuel mods and you are set.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah 2GNT is a whole different ballgame. They are 2 completely different motors and nothing is a simple bolt on affair. If you're dead set on turboing a nonturbo, then buy a kit.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm doing the same thing in mine. I found a used (40k miles) Turbo 4G63 engine for $1750 after shipping. And it'll slide right in, even bolts up directly to the tranny. You might have to change the motor mounts, but it just depends on what kind of shape they're in.

Now if you're just going to try to take a turbo and put it on there you'll probably have to modify somethings because the intake on a GST engine is made to come out to the left, and you know our airbox is on the right. You might be able to flip it over but I don't think it will work.

·
Registered
850 Posts
dsmfan95 said:
even bolts up directly to the tranny.
Is that right? The designations are slightly different (F5M33 VS. F5MC1), so I thought they may not connect the same. Sorry for my ignorance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Turbocharging what should be a naturally aspirated engine is a waste of money in this case. It'd be cheaper and safer to just swap engines trannys and ECUs and do the fuel stuff. That way you don't have to worry about compression ratios and such.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.