DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long does it take to take out the a/c on a 91 tsi awd? is it hard to do ...im not to good on fixing **** so. that's why i ask

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your best best bet is to ask Bill M. On the DSM talk his name is rdy2race. I believe he has taken out a few, if he hasn't ihis freind Ehren has ask him ow to do so. Unfortunalty I still have my AC but not for long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Taking out the COMPLETE A/C system in a 1g is kinda tough, yeah, but only taking out the parts you need to isn't. I took the A/C out of my 90AWD TALON and it really isn't a big deal. Just remember that once it is out...you won't be able to put it back in. You have to bend the coolant lines to get them out(unless you want to take out alot of other things that block them). I say go for it. It kills alot of turbo lag. Just trace all the coolant lines and disconnect all of them. Don't forget the condensor in front of the radiator - and the fan for the A/C (it's the one on the right when facing the car) - And the BIG PART the compressor. Thats a
b!%^h to get out because it is so big, but it WILL come out, so don't give up.
Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i'll get to work soon

------------------
YOU CAN'T GET FRESHER
THEN THIS!

·
Honorary Moderator
1,973 Posts
My AC doesnt work anymore, I just cut the belt from the compressor. Throttle rersponse was just a little bit more "responsive" ;) i assume it would reduce turbo lag as well, although i'm only an NT so i wouldnt know ;)

------------------
'93 Talon ES
Purely Sublime Motorsports - Madison WI
Import Racing Team

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Boostpwr90 what do you estimate the weight savings at for the compressor, lines, fan and everything else that is removed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts