DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have 2 of the 3 bolts off the converter in order to get it off the motor. The last one is a @#@#@ the socket has sliped off a few times and is starting to round the bolt. So i was wondering if there is an easy way to get them off like mabey an air rachet? The air rachets i looked at only put out 50 lbs. of torque though wasnt for sure if this was enough. Has someone used an air/elec tool to take these off? Or is there something else to try before i round the bolt off completly?

·
Registered
339 Posts
erawtik said:
Well i have 2 of the 3 bolts off the converter in order to get it off the motor. The last one is a @#@#@ the socket has sliped off a few times and is starting to round the bolt. So i was wondering if there is an easy way to get them off like mabey an air rachet? The air rachets i looked at only put out 50 lbs. of torque though wasnt for sure if this was enough. Has someone used an air/elec tool to take these off? Or is there something else to try before i round the bolt off completly?

I ended up using some needle nose vice grips and box end wrench. As far as an air rachet...I think that might make things worse. I wish you the best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts