DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how come people are asking such basic question around here... I mean maybe they don't know about www.dsm.org, but isn't that the only place with a link?(Other than the trader page.) Maybe you could put something like "Check the talon digests in addition to posting any questions here." Maybe that's a nice way of saying, "Go there before you ask us what a blow off valve does." That's just an example. There's also that page... what is it called, 1000 FAQs about dsms. Maybe a link on the front page of this forum or something? What do you guys think. Maybe just post the link in the replies of the guys who ask these questions?
In any case they should at least check the history of this forum... I see a lot of repeated questions... sorry to say I had a few early on... I apologize for that. But since I don't do it anymore I think maybe I can be a hippocrit :) Just kidding. Maybe something on the page that you have to fill out your info before you join? Suggest other sites with info? Thanx for the space. I am not trying to sound like a jerk or an a-hole, just suggesting in the nicest possible way. Later!

[This message has been edited by AWDMIKE858 (edited October 23, 2000).]

·
Registered
350 Posts
You see alot of links to "the holy site" as I like to call it.
I think most people don't take the time to research the site to it's full extent, or even research the past pages here. But that's ok, maybe they don't have their own access or computer and are using a friend's. Plus alot of people are relatively new to DSM's. It gives the rest of us something to do and gives us all the spirit of a community here.

------------------
Rocky Mountain Talon - modified
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

My DSM

G

·
Yeah, what Van said :) True Mike, there are lots of total newbie questions asked. Club DSM is excellent, but DSMtalk.com provides an interactivity that is not available with Club DSM. The Talon Digest is also excellent, but if the newbie questions were posted there, they would simply get that "see Club DSM" response.

Sometimes I have responded here with a url and said "See this page for more info" in response to newbie questions, but sometimes, even when you start explaining really old stuff, the conversation can take new twists and still be kind of interesting too.

So, I think you have a point about adding a link to the FAQ page. Next revision I will likely add that. But, newbie qustions are 100% welcome here. Referring them elsewhere means we may be loosing a future contributer :) I have been pretty impressed with how experts and newbies have been so peacefully co-existing here :)

BTW, you dont have to click on a topic that says "what is a BOV?" :)

------------------

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, some of the newbies have even propmted me to check a few things on my car I never even thought about. And I have to admit it's kinda nice to help the people just getting into their DSM. I am sure I will be typing "meter your ISC motor" many, many times.

I have seen quite a few posts that basically were a copy of one I posted back when this all started, nice thing is, now I have the answer and can actually sound like I know what I am talking about :)

------------------
John Lewis

1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts