DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. I'm interested in completely transforming my 95 Talon exterior into an Eclipse body. I've seen it done, but I'm not sure what parts I will need.

To me it seems that all I'll be needing is a front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, side skirts, tail lights and head lights..

If I'm missing anything, could you please point me into the right direction? Maybe there is already a thread like this? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Why? Talons are sexy. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
You will also need the turbo wing, the bottom door trim(not just the side skirt) and a pair of reverse lights.

I agree with PROZIUM451, talons are sexy, and arent as common as eclipses. I just put a 2gb mitsu front end on my talon and lowered it and it looks mean as hell!! With my big FMIC it looks like it is pissed off in a serious way. You should just try the front end of a mitsu, and see how you like it. If you need more eclipse then go for the conversion!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well if you really want to know everything that you will need then here it is...

Eclipse Front bumper: 95-96 for the "smiley face" look.. or the 97-99... your choice.
Eclipse Rear bumper: 95-96 have the half moon shaper reverse lights... 97-99 have the small round reverse lights.
Headlights: make sure you get the headlights made for the year corresponding with your choice of front bumper.
Eclipse Tail Lights: 95-99 are all the same so it doesn't matter.

Now also note that when mounting an eclipse rear bumper that you will have to get some kind of bracket to run flush with the bottom of the tail lights for the top-middle of the rear bumper to mount to because it doesn't drop down like the talon bumper does.

As far as the wing goes.... that's totally owners choice.... talon, eclipse, push cart.... all up to you.

Hope the helps!!! :)

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Are you kidding me?

This is probably one of the easiest things to do when it comes to DSM's. Anyone that says sell it is a moron.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Sebba said:
Are you kidding me?

This is probably one of the easiest things to do when it comes to DSM's. Anyone that says sell it is a moron.
I'd say that anyone who buys a car to turn it into another car they could've bought for most-likely less money is the moron.:chair:

You should have just bought the Eclipse in the first place, then you wouldn't have to buy a bunch of unneeded parts and completely molest and fuck up a perfectly fine Talon.:tat:

·
Registered
174 Posts
93_GSX said:
I'd say that anyone who buys a car to turn it into another car they could've bought for most-likely less money is the moron.:chair:
Actually I think he may get out of it what he puts in it being he can sell the parts he is replacing as well. As far as him making it look like a less valuable car that's not exactly true. Eclipses kinda go for a little more in price then talons do kind of like how the VR4's go for a little more then Stealths it seams. Technically the same cars... but.... just valued slightly different for some reason :eyejack: .

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.