DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a blizt sbc controller and it's working fine with controlling my boost but I don't really like where I've tapped into to get boost for the in value of my solenoid. Currently, I'm tapping from the line between the blow of value. I know that this line contains vaccum as well as pressure. It works but I not to happy with the tap.

Does anyone know where else I can tap into to get pressure for the in valve of my blitz solenoid? My out valve goes directly to my internal wastegate.

Thanks for your time,
Seng

·
Banned
9 Posts
You can also use the nipple off the turbo outlet elbow. I heard the BOV line is the best for manual boost controllers; why is it not so good for your Blitz?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I've found out where to tap into now. If you have a Greddy Type S bov, then you can tap in on the lowwer nipple. Thus you don't have to cut the line going from the bov to the throttle body. Thanks for all those that reply to my post.

Seng

·
Registered
871 Posts
is this true about the greddy type-s. anybody??? i've always wondered why that extra nipple was there. would this be accurate for a boost controller tap?? i was getting ready to rip mine off and put my 1g bov back on because of that dam bird squeeking/whistling sound that the type-s gives off.......man that's annoying.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
361 Posts
what if you dont have the type s, where else can you tap it for the "in" on the sbc solenoid?? The "Out" goes directly to the stock actuator, correct??? I thought that the stock BCS "in" line was the line we were suppose to use for the "in" on the SBC solenoid. As well you know the teflon joint which is suppose to go to the intake manifold, can i just t-connect it to the same location my boost gauge is getting its reading from??? Just to make sure i understand what you are saying on the previous post, you are using the vacume line between the intake manifold and the BOV to get your Boost reading from for the "in" part of the SBC solenoid. I dont think you will get the best response if its all the way up there, I guess it doesnt really matter. But the instructions say to keep it really close to the actuator or there is risk of slow actuator response it does really say anything about the "in" for pressure reading. Your suppose to disconnect the stock BCS from what i have heard, but im pretty sure but not forsure if you suppose to use those same two vacume lines which go into the stock BCS. I wish we had someone who has actually had a better understanding of where to tap all the lines. The only one im actually sure of is the "out".

Please give some reasoning for the "in" on the sbc solenoid for tapping it at different locations. As well where you tapped the teflon vacume line.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts