DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello DSMers

TCE is happy to be back for the remainder of 2005 offering you the most extensive selection of Big Brake Kit options for 1,2 and 3G applications!

From street, to strip, to rally, to open track...TCE has an option to help you meet your goals. We don't sell a 'one size fits all' brake kit so you know you'll get the attention to detail that your needs demand. A variety of rotor sizes, width, and weights combined with a great selection of calipers assure you of a final product that's right for you.

Feel free to post questions you may have and be assured you'll get a quick and effective reply as I don't just pop in to get your attention and then disappear.

Todd
TCE

·
Banned
279 Posts
I'd be interested in a complete front and rear kit. Do you offer a full kit? I see on the website, you have to buy the fronts and rear separately.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, a front and a rear kit would be a full kit.

Not everyone wanted a rear kit. Or wanted to spend the money.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vallary99 said:
How much for a full kit? I need new rotors all the way around so I figure why not.

1.10 rotor kit with six pot calipers up front and the rear kit runs $2374, drilled; add $250= $2624

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the limited reply but the info is readily on the web page. The final cost is based in part on the OD of the kit, the rotor width kit you want and if you want to sub in the six pot caliper. And drilling of course.

There are no hidden costs here. Add up the items you feel are what you want and give me a call. I'll usually 'throw you a bone' on the combo deals. One order.

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
The 1G Road Race Front kit is definitely on my wish list this winter. :) I still have stock brakes on my 91. :(

Glad to see you're back on here Todd.

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
Welcome back, Todd.

At what point would you recommend a different proportioning valve for '90-91 cars? I have the factory big brakes and they seem to perform ok in terms of balance, but I could be wrong and really they are crap :).

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nukefission said:
Welcome back, Todd.

At what point would you recommend a different proportioning valve for '90-91 cars? I have the factory big brakes and they seem to perform ok in terms of balance, but I could be wrong and really they are crap :).

That's hard to answer. On one hand if you are not locking up the rears you might be able to use more rear brake. On the other hand if you ARE locking up the rears....you're probably over due.

The underlying question here is "how much rear brake can I use?" The answer is; as much as you can. That's why companies offer adjustable valves. These allow for a modest reduction in pressure (not an increase) depending upon the amount of input pressure it sees. It must be used however with a fully open circuit. Not in line after some factory valve...

What determines 'how much' rear brake you can use? Current front to rear bias/balance design, tires in use, road conditions, suspension settings/design and weight distribution. The last two play the biggest roll- if the butt end of the car rises to quickly (great for rotation maybe) then you can't use as much as you could if it stays hunkered down.

I'd say that anyone with a change in front brakes (including my kits) where the bias is shifted more than a couple of % to the front could probably benefit fromm some changes in either rear brake design, better rear pads, or a valve change allowing more rear pressure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts