DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is a great forum i have an 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi turbo AWD in limp mode, I checked the tcu for those damn faulty caps and found that some chip inside was burnt, I live in ensenada mexico, and i was unable to find the part on this side of the world... :dunno:
so i was wondering if some one can post a picture so i can try to rebuild the tcu and hope to get running soon!

by the way the part number is MD920075, thanks!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok its burnt pretty bad, now i need a little help, can someone post a pic of a good tcu, so i can try to fix the hole from where C24 is? I know its going to be hard to try and fix this thing but its a good challenge.

ok its c112, c24 and maybe c25 that got fried.

thanks for youre help...

and I hope that rule number 7 wasnt for me... if it was sorry...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Jericlone said:
Hi, this is a great forum i have an 1991 Eagle Talon Tsi turbo AWD in limp mode, I checked the tcu for those damn faulty caps and found that some chip inside was burnt, I live in ensenada mexico, and i was unable to find the part on this side of the world... :dunno:
so i was wondering if some one can post a picture so i can try to rebuild the tcu and hope to get running soon!

by the way the part number is MD920075, thanks!!!
Are you sure you don't mean MD750092 ?:)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks that will help a lot!!!!, and yes i got it wrong that time it's the md750092, I just hope i can do some crazy stuff to fix the board and get those gears back... i will try to post back!!!

Thank you very much GDNF2ET!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here's a better pic..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, I have fixed a few things, but i think something is still wrong, just wondering there are some smd caps a small one and a medium size one next to the c112 cap, do u know the specs of them? do both have the same 0.1mf's 50v?

The only thing right now that has changed is the A/T temp light finally has turned off, but not all the time its like i still have some details to fix... and yes limp mode is still there...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check the main fuse panel in the car on the drivers left side...Look for the 10amp fuse labeled
(4A/T)
(BOITE AUTO)
If its blown, you will be in limp mode....

Maybe the problems you had blew this fuse...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, there was no blown fuse there, i think my tcu is done, well at least i cannot test it in a few more days, my head gasket gave up on me... that sux!, ok I will try to test it maybe next week when my car is fix... if it was just the head gasket..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts