DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
a test pipe replaces the catylic sp?? converter in your exhaust. it is not the same as the downpipe. the downpipe comes from your exhaust manifold to the test pipe or cat back. and yes the do make up pipes for talons they are the same as the ones for eclipses.

·
Registered
850 Posts
skifreee911 said:
the downpipe comes from your exhaust manifold to the test pipe or cat back.
Well, almost. The turbo is connected to the exhaust manifold, then comes the O2 housing, then comes the downpipe (unless you have an "O2 Eliminator" downpipe, which combines the O2 housing and downpipe into one unit).
skifreee911 said:
and yes the do make up pipes for talons they are the same as the ones for eclipses.
I don't know what an "up pipe" is unless you're talking about an upper intercooler pipe. If so, I've never heard it called that before...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i asked bout a up pipe bc my friend just got one for his wrx. it goes up to the turbo

·
Registered
850 Posts
MikesDSM said:
i asked bout a up pipe bc my friend just got one for his wrx. it goes up to the turbo
Up to the turbo from where?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
The "up pipe" is a WRX thing. The "up pipe" is a short exhaust segment between the manifold and the turbine inlet of the turbocharger. The factory pipe has a catalytic converter there. DSM's use no such thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts