DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
looks like matt black. It looks ok... although i say a gloss finnish is still better looking

·
Honorary Moderator
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a matte finish. you really have to see it in person. I should be getting pics of her as she gets back on the road. I'll put up a mod list once I 'm sure it's all set.
-dna

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
But the hood and roof are gloss? That dont look rite man.

·
Honorary Moderator
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a CF hood with gunmetal pins. The roof and mirrors are gloss. They blend in with the tinted windows and make the upper part of the car appear more continuous. I felt that to have the roof matte as well would have clashed with the gloss of the tinted glass.
The rear lights are also blacked out which goes with the theme.
-dna

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Im just not a fan of matte paint.

·
Elite DSMtalker
866 Posts
Love the matt look.
Very nice looking car, but the missing wing is burning my retinas.
Wonder how many others noticed the 1Gb Talon side skirts and rear bumper? I did the same thing 4 years ago, how long has your been like that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think the car looks good but its not for everyone, im looking forward to eventually getting a car done in this same look. lets see the mod list

·
Registered
109 Posts
4SFED4 said:
Wonder how many others noticed the 1Gb Talon side skirts and rear bumper?
Yeah I noticed that. I'm looking forward to more shots from other angles to get a full perspective of this car. Initially I took a glance and thought it was ugly with the matte paint, but the more I look at it the more I like it. :)

·
Honorary Moderator
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can tell you all about the exterior.

She's a 91 AWD tsi. 1gb talon sides and rear. A very nice CF hood with full bracing(no waggle). Blacked out tail lights and markers. Clear corners. angel eye fogs. RX7 rims, powdercoated black. Shaved spoiler and antenna. debadged grill.
My goal with the look was to make the most noticeable sleeper ever.
This car either stands out to someone like a Lambo at a hyundai dealership or looks like nothing at all.
You either love it or care nothing about it. And the latter applies to cops and street racers alike.
-dna

·
2,528 Posts
Sebba said:
But the hood and roof are gloss? That dont look rite man.

One review of the poster and you can tell alot of somethins arent right. :rolleyes: j/k haha.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts