DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you guys might like to see the mostly finished product.

Before:

After:

And here is my 2Gen throttle body elbo.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Did you get that valve cover on ebay? I swear I saw one just like that with a fuel rail for sale and it went for like low $30's.
Love the reverse indiglo gauges. Want to trade for regular ones? ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
91TSiGuy said:
Did you get that valve cover on ebay? I swear I saw one just like that with a fuel rail for sale and it went for like low $30's.
Love the reverse indiglo gauges. Want to trade for regular ones? ;)
I painted the valve cover myself. Wrinkle paint from Autozone. 5 coats of it.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Alright. The one on ebay was exactly like that but done black wrinkle powder coated and looked identical.

·
Registered
404 Posts
where are the reverse gauges from? i want them!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
343 Posts
i noticed on the website for those gauges it ssays red, blue, hyper white. can switch between them or do u pick the color?

·
Registered
434 Posts
radiator flex hose.. gotta love it...

um.. yeah... take the off ASAP.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dsm614 said:
radiator flex hose.. gotta love it...

um.. yeah... take the off ASAP.

Look guys.. it was a temp fix until I cusom fabricate an upper to fit my new throttle elbo. It was all I could find in a pinch. It is not going to be permanent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boostinfwd90 said:
How thick of coats did you use? I did the same on my cousins valve cover and it didn't really wrinkle it just make a kinda rough surface.

You have to follow the instructions on the can. You paint, then wait 5 minutes and lay on a second very heavy coat. And you just keep repeating the 5 minute wait/heavy coat process until you think you have enough. I did five coats. Then you let it dry for 24 hours. For the first hour or so I put a heat gun to it. It made it wrinkle a lot faster.

·
Registered
45 Posts
question on the indiglo

ok the gauges you show are ALOT brighter than the ones that are in procarparts' picture.did you do anything to yours to make them brighter?or is the procarparts pic just a bad pic?those things look sweeeeet:D :tree: :hail: :rockon:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: question on the indiglo

TSiAWD91 said:
ok the gauges you show are ALOT brighter than the ones that are in procarparts' picture.did you do anything to yours to make them brighter?or is the procarparts pic just a bad pic?those things look sweeeeet:D :tree: :hail: :rockon:

No I haven't done anything different. It's very possible the website pic is just not very bright at all. They do come with a dimmer control. And you are right, my gauges are bright as hell. I love em!!!:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where did you get that sweet carbon dash inlay? I want one! It will match my CF hood.

Since your car has no ABS, it's really easy to get the UICP fabricated. All mine consists of is a 90deg mandrel bent elbow and about 20" of straight pipe with the BOV flange cut of the stock piece and welded upside-down on the straight pipe. I could even re use the BOV dump tube. Looks really clean.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Couldn't you just change the bulb(s?) for the dash gauges. My boost gauge had the normal light that is the same color as the dash, its a yellowish color. Also it came with 2 little bulb "slips" that fit over the bulb, one red and one green and it works really good to change the color on the boost gauge so i wonder if we could get those for our dash lights.

·
Registered
330 Posts
VERY nicely done, sometimes I forget why I like 1g's - thanks for reminding me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts