DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I don't think so. Funny enough, it speaks volumes about us Ostrich/TunerPro users that it's easier in our eyes to just code using the HedEditor, instead of looking for features that might do it for us. We're definitely a "do it yourself" group of individuals. :p

I've got the code right here ready to go for native wideband 02, though. Make it a little easier so you can just copy it and be done.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't think so. Funny enough, it speaks volumes about us Ostrich/TunerPro users that it's easier in our eyes to just code using the HedEditor, instead of looking for features that might do it for us. We're definitely a "do it yourself" group of individuals. :p
Oh yeah, when I was younger and programmed machinery in assembler it was always " should I add a parameter for that" vs "nah, just put a jump and be done with it", where the latter obviously always led to a multitude of untraceable sw versions !

I've got the code right here ready to go for native wideband 02, though. Make it a little easier so you can just copy it and be done.
I'll be glad to accept your kind offer, I have it down already myself but I will feel much more comfortable comparing it to some tested version. My biggest doubt is about setting the switching point properly (lean to rich, rich to lean), as I would expect on a WB those values to be affected by the actual sensor more than on a NB. Oh well, should I use a parameter for that or just hard wire it??? Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good read, I was using Jackal on 923/2000 and the forum was very helpful, answered every question I had.

I think with supplies, labor (welding bung), and parts I spend under $320 for a full SD setup.

·
Registered
377 Posts
So by the end of the week, I am looking to buy the Ostrich. Being that the tuning software is different for 1g and 2g's, could someone give me a definite list of all the things I will need to buy in order to make the Ostrich work? I read over this thread a couple times, and I can't tell if I will have to switch over to speed density or what all I will/wont need to change.

·
Registered
565 Posts
So by the end of the week, I am looking to buy the Ostrich. Being that the tuning software is different for 1g and 2g's, could someone give me a definite list of all the things I will need to buy in order to make the Ostrich work? I read over this thread a couple times, and I can't tell if I will have to switch over to speed density or what all I will/wont need to change.
Fair warning, this is off the top of my head, but I am 90% sure I am right.

You need an eprom ecu, and that is about it. You take the eprom chip off the board, then run the cable from the Ostrich to the socket, where you pulled the eprom chip off.

You will need a laptop, but that is about it. You will be using Tuner Pro to tune with. I am not 100% sure if there is a speed density option with Tuner Pro, but if there is, you will need a map sensor and I believe an air intake temperature sensor. If you are not dead set on running speed density, you can run with the stock sensors. But in short, you DO NOT have to switch over to speed density to run Tuner Pro, through an Ostrich.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oh ok awesome. I already have a socketed ECU, via a keydiver chip. But, it's time for more tuning :) Thanks for the help!
I do recommend getting into a yahoo groups for 2g Tuner Pro users. You will want a base map to start with, and its the only way I know of getting one. Unless someone on here helps you out in that department(keep in mind, I have a 1g, and have only read a lot on tuner pro, but never used it myself)
On top of that, that will be the place you will find the most help in getting started, along with all the ins and outs of running the software.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I do recommend getting into a yahoo groups for 2g Tuner Pro users. You will want a base map to start with, and its the only way I know of getting one. Unless someone on here helps you out in that department(keep in mind, I have a 1g, and have only read a lot on tuner pro, but never used it myself)
On top of that, that will be the place you will find the most help in getting started, along with all the ins and outs of running the software.
You got it spot on. There is code for speed density via TunerPro, but it might be a little difficult to find. Basically for TunerPro to work, you are going to have to get 2 files, one is a definition file, and I can't remember what the other is called, but the yahoo group will definitely know what you need.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,256 Posts
You use a xml file and a bin file, I use Tunerpro on the Maftpro, works well.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts