DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple pretty basic questions I would like to find some quick answers to. I searched and didn't find what I was looking for. Basically, what I need to know is will a 2G TB elbow fit on an otherwise stock 1G using the rubber hose intake? Also how much of an upgrade is this? Does anyone know what is the biggest elbow you can stuff in the intake hose? I was going to get a 2.5" HKS off a member here but after searching around it seems it wont work with stock equipment. Only reason I want to use the stock hose is because by the time I get an UICP I will just get a whole front mount kit which I am putting off for the time being. (Lack of funds) Also can you port the step out of the 2G elbow pretty easily? What do you use to do it? I found one of these from a fellow member more recently and I am considering going this route. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont think the 2G elbo will fit the stock rubber boost hose....the stock rubber hose is small as heck.

Im thinking about doing the same thing (2G elbo)....I have a carbide aluminum porting bit and thats what I would suggest if the step is large...if its not that big then just use some flapper disks for a drill/airtool. B&B autoparts have them if there is one in your area.
Otherwise get a few basic grinding stones...they will load up with aluminum but if its a small step you should be able to get it out...better than buying a $20 porting bit if your doing small scale.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Don't remember what I did when I made that mod on my 1g when I had it, but I know it didn,t take mutch. It bolts stright up you just have to change or mess with the hose. Don't worry about some aftermarket one the 2g is fine, you only want something that matches your installed TB. Yes it is a noticable upgrade. The size difference on those elbows is crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts