DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something I found, check your throttle cable from where that copper looking plate on your intake manifold is to the actual plastic pulley on your throttle body. I saw the tip on an email for the Bay Area Club DSM, and checked mine, and it was way loose.

To tighten it up, just loosen the 2 10mm bolts on the plate, and pull it away from the throttle body. Pull it to take up the slack between the throttle body and the mounting bracket.

On my car, it increased my throttle reponse, because it was so loose. I checked my friend's DSM, and his was looser, so I tightened up his, and he was really impressed. Only takes about 5 minutes.

Good Luck!

------------------
John Lewis

1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just another tip, have your buddy stand in front of the engine and plant your foot to the wood. He should hear the butterfly valve hit the stop meaning you're getting 100% throttle. If it doesn't hit the stop, loosen the bolts and adjust the slide toward the driver side of the car.

I've seen 3/8 DSMs that weren't opening fully.

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
I had the opposite problem with my car. My throttle and cruise control cables shrunk just a little bit and it was holding my throttle open slightly. It took me a while to figure out why I was having a high idle when the car warmed up. Sure enough it was the cables!

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts