DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why does the ISC have coolant lines running through it? I'm curious as to whether there'd be a benefiet to removing the lines, since pumping 210deg water through the TB seems like a dumb idea (unless of course the ISC needs it for some reason?).

TIA
Jason

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
welll.... 10 reads, and no replies....

Anyone have an opinion on this??????????????

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Well, if you have high humidity and cool temperatures the throttle plate can ice up and stick. I was over at the Corvette site and this is a recommended mod there. The writer explained that he never drives his car if the temperature is below 60 degrees - it must be nice to not have to live in the real world.

The main reason for coolant in the throttle body is the FIAV that gives the car the extra high idle on cold mornings.

A friend of mine had an Audi with fuel injection and no heat to the throttle body. One day I witnessed a strange sight. The passenger in his car was steering because my friend had the throttle cable snaked in thru the driver's side window and he was working it by hand. The throttle had iced up and the cable had broken off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts