DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. been doing some searching and it looks like I may need to upgrade my waste gate spring.

Currently I have your basic off the shelf 38mm Tial. I am assuming I have the 1 bar spring, I dont know for sure, I need to find my paper work. What spring should I be using with 30-35 psi on a 35r? I would assume I would want as close as possible to the boost I will be running right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The_EE said:
Ok.. been doing some searching and it looks like I may need to upgrade my waste gate spring.

Currently I have your basic off the shelf 38mm Tial. I am assuming I have the 1 bar spring, I dont know for sure, I need to find my paper work. What spring should I be using with 30-35 psi on a 35r? I would assume I would want as close as possible to the boost I will be running right?

If you wanting to run 30-35 psi then and only have a 1 bar spring then yes you will need to get a spring upgrade!
I would suggest the small blue and Large blue conbination for around 24 psi minimum!

Just my $.02
turbo

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turb07 said:
If you wanting to run 30-35 psi then and only have a 1 bar spring then yes you will need to get a spring upgrade!
I would suggest the small blue and Large blue conbination for around 24 psi minimum!

Just my $.02
turbo
You would not happen to know for sure what spring comes in a Tial stock would you? Reason I ask is because I purchased mine from SBR about 2 1/2 years ago. I am assuiming its the 1 bar but it could very well be a 10 lb hehe.

I guess I could pop off the MBC and see where I stop building boost right?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found my paperwork from SBR, Doesnt say what spring comes inside of it.. Guess I will call them tomorrow and see if I can find out.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright well crap.

So umm.. looking at the list.

I currently have the

0.7 BAR 10.15 PSI Big Yellow

I could then order the

0.6 BAR 8.70 PSI Small Blue

And I should be looking at 18.85 * 2 = 37.7 psi max boost able to be run off that set up which would slow spool a bit right? Higher spring means less work on the MBC which means quicker spool because its not fighting to open up.

So Ideally I should be looking at this spring setup.

1.6 Bar 23.20 PSI Big Blue+Sm Blue

I think I will contact Tim at Punishment Racing and see if the new Synapse wastegates work on his o2 housing they look like they should and just order one of those and sell my Tial.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Don't get a Synapse wastegate I had a Friend with a SRT-4 and he put on it thinking it would be better then Tial. Which it turned out not to be Try to trade me for and extra i had but I don't like those at all.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've heard good things about the Synapse wastegates, I freaking love their BoV.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hand1222000 said:
I don't know he didn't like it because it didn't control boost like a Tial he said. LOL
He probibly had it hooked up wrong or something. Your report is the first bad one out of the 15+ I have read about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.