DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tryed the search button and read all 7 pages of the help forum... Ok basically I got a 1990 Eagle Talon 2.0 Dohc N/T Did a complete tuneup including oil change, air filter, plugs, wires, new trans fluid,... drove the car for several days... I got a little rowdy when i realised that the Talon can do some mean burnouts :) When I grabbed second gear the exhaust cracked at the flexpipe... Drove the car 2 days like this... REALLY LOUD :)... I drove the car home from work and it ran fine, loud, but fine... Got in the car later and it coasted like 1 - 2 inches backwards in first gear i didn't push the clutch in, started the car back up and the motor had a nasty tap to it, sounds like a lifter or 2. Car runs with the tick until 3 grand on the dot. At 3,000 rpms the car misses severely and I have to upshift to continue moving forward. Could this be because of the exhaust leak carboning valves, or maybe i jumped time.. any ideas, this is my first DSM I've only had it for 5 days but I love it already and would hate to ruin the motor over something stupid. TIA ~DaNe~

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More info, when I hit 3000 rpms the car seems to die as if no fuel or bad spark... but its all new wires and 93 octane...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts