DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI with 104,000 miles on it and decide to have the timing belt, water pump, pulleys and tensioner all replaced just to be on the safe side. While doing this the mechanic recommended I also do the head gasket since there was a small oil leak starting which I did agreed to do sense the motor was already apart. I got the car back yesterday and it runs great idols like normal but does sound very loud from inside the car. Outside the car it makes maybe a little deeper pitch sound from the exhaust but when driving it there is a noticeable vibrating and more noise to compared to how it used to drive. Is this normal?

·
Registered
196 Posts
This doesn't sound normal from those repairs. Check your motor mounts make sure they were put back and that they are all tight.

·
2,306 Posts
did you keep the balance shafts? most people remove them with a BSE kit, there is a bit more felt vibration, but the consensus is that it dosent hurt the engine if a quality kit is used, plenty of reading to do on balance shaft elimination.
If you kept the BS its possible those didn't get alinged correctly and are adding to the vibration you're feeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts