DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: timming belt

Im not sure 1/4 inch is an issue.It depends on how hard youre pushing/pulling to get that measurement.If it takes alot of pressure,id think its ok,if its just flopping with very little pressure you might have a problem.
If you replaced the timing belt rollers,and adjusted the tensioner properly,and used the FSM procedures youre probably ok.

·
Registered
716 Posts
After my timing belt install mine is loose looking on top too sometimes. If you rotate it by hand or start the car, the second it turns it tightens up so I dont know what the deal is. And mine seems pretty loose... I can slide it some on the intake cam once its been sitting for awhile usually. I already plan on going back through the timing belt and possibly balance shaft belt if I dont remove it since I saw a little spot on the B-shaft belt that looked like a chunk was missing on the tooth part I think.Dont feel like buying another new head. Good luck with yours!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.