DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I was wondering if it is possible to do no damage to the head if the timing belt snaps on a 4g63t? If it does, will it only usually bend the valves or bust up the pistons?

Any info would be helpful

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
yes it is possible to do no damage but highly unlikly. There are a few people on this board that has had luck with not bending anything. I think they were under low RPMs though. If it does do any damage (most common) Look to buy new valves. Also it is possible to damage the pistons. It has happened. Did you break a belt?? If you did good luck. I know you will find all your answers on this site! I do :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your help. I decided to be safe an buy a brand new race prepped head from extreme.

Also a new set of pistons.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well, its not good. If i were you, i wouldnt take any chances. If its been a while since you have done a full timing belt job (belts, pulleys, tensioners, etc) I would go ahead and do that. If you have recently done it, just replace the timing belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts