DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont like to use the word cheapest because it sounds like I am trying to buy a inferior product and I am not. So I will say less expensive... Anyway has anyone found a really good price on the net or anywhereto purchase Mitsu Factory timming belts if so please let me know. I pay about 220 for all the belts and I think thats crazy! As many 4g63's motors there are out there has got be a place that sells them "Less expensive" then everyone else... I just cant find it. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goodyear has a good name and all but I would be really scared to put a non factory belt in man, Anyone else on here got any info on the Goodyear belts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys order from them before? They look kinda shady? To get parts info you cant clcik on eclipse you gota click on DSM club and then they only give you a small parts catalog that does not list all the belts? Ill call them at the Mitsubishi number, maybe there phone ordering is more together.... I woud hate to have the car torn down and get the wrong stuff.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,894 Posts
Mr.BarTender said:
You guys order from them before?
If your asking has anyone ordered parts from Conicelli, the answer is yes I think you'll find many of us have. I ordered all the belts, pulleys, gaskets, water pump, etc from them for my timing belt job. I didn't have any luck getting any extra Club DSM discount but I did receive quality Mitsubishi OEM parts at 25% off list which was 5% better than my dealer was prepared to give me. They are a Mitsubishi dealer but also sell parts online. I use the Mitsubishi CAPS program I downloaded back when the 3si site was hosting it to look up the part numbers just like the dealer does but the database is now a little out of date for some of the current part numbers. Since the 3si site stopped downloads you can still get CAPS as part of the Backup Manual on CD. If you don't know the part number you can call them, give them your car's VIN and tell then what your looking for and they will look it up in CAPS.

Steve

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I've spent over $1k with conicelli and they've always been great. Josh who works in the parts department has been a club DSM member for a long time.
They're good people.

If it is a critical part I only use factory equipment (only exception is clevite bearings). Is it worth the money saved on that belt to risk your whole engine?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts