DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Might want to be more specific...what size rim they going on?

If you are looking for some new tires, I would go with the Kumhos. Cant go wrong.

·
Registered
850 Posts
OK, I don't have a GSX, but I do have the Yokohama ES 100s. I've had them for about 6 weeks now, and they're great. Very quiet, responsive, and good in the rain. Yes, you can break them loose if you try hard enough, but for the price, they're impressive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 225/45-R17.
--> Love 'em.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
PokeyTheDSM said:
I have never heard of anyone being happy with anything by Nitto other than their drag radials.
Hmmm.. on my old set of wheels I had Nitto NT-555. I thought they were a decent tire. :dunno:

I currently have the Dunlop SP-900. These are the best tires I've ever owned. Nice tread pattern and they grip like crazy.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
My yoko 100s romp on my Potenza's. I like them, and would recomend them, but I haven't used nittos.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Boosted98gsx said:
Will 235/45YR17's fit my stock 17's?
They can, but you really shouldn't try to run that wide on the stock 6.5" rim. They're really better with a 7.5 inch rim. You will need spacers if you're feeling daring with the stock 17".

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sumitomo HTRZ II's.....they walk all over the Yoko ES100's. do some research on them....i guarantee you will be happy. the yoko's are great tires, until your try the sumitomo's. 225/45-17 are a good size for the stock 17's. i have those wheels on my car, and the sumitomos in that size are great on their.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mytalon said:
Toyo proxies T1-S

:rice:
RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER RICER

can you say FAST AND THE FURIOUS!!! :rolleyes:
The green Eclipse had T1-S proxies on it!!!!

RICER RICER RICER RICER!!!

lol. just kidding by the way.

my vote is for the Toyo Proxies T1-S's, too. Look very nice, have great dry and awsome wet traction, but they wear somewhat quickly and they have a soft turn-in that some dont like. mytalon, im just playin wit-chew. :hail:

-j

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put on a pair of Bridgestone Potenzas. I didn't like them at all, even decided to not buy them again. Right now I have Toyo Proxes FZ-4. I'm very impressed by them and plan to stick with them. They're a good buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well i dont really apply here but i just got new tires like 2 months ago and they are 235/40/17 sumitomo HTR+ and so far they have not failed me. turning response rocks, you CAN break them loose if you try, they kick butt in the rain, and im still waiting for snow to try them out in. i would recommend these for anyone here.

oh and theyre z rated rubber!...:cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
jimmyjfnf said:
I put on a pair of Bridgestone Potenzas. I didn't like them at all, even decided to not buy them again. Right now I have Toyo Proxes FZ-4. I'm very impressed by them and plan to stick with them. They're a good buy.
Which Potenzas? RE730s? RE92s? Which?

The 92s do suck ass. Poorest all season I've ever driven. Come stock on all Subarus... best upgrade is to lose those.

Firestone makes a damn good all season. Highly recommended from one of my track buddies. A little pricey, but excellent traction and wear. I think he got 40K out of em and he drives them HARD.

The 730s, on the other hand, were outstanding and superior wet traction on my subaru (and handed the Kuhmo 712s their ass.) Hell, I was in a veritable monsoon at 70mph and the car tracked true... no hydroplaning. Made for an okay (road) track tire. The noise issue with them is only on heavy rear bias cars.

My 0.02 on the Kumho/Falken debate - Kumho for straight (sidewalls are way too soft), Falken for everything else. One track event (2 days w/ 2 drivers) my 225/45/17 Falken Azenis held up great and provided superb traction. The only thing lacking was the power from the car.

I've not got any experience with the Sumitomo HTZ-II or whatever they are called, but I heard that the Azenis are still better. Most autocrossers I know prefer the Azenis over them.

$0.02

Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts